2015 R/T Retires 2004 Durango

gwin99

Hi All:

Just wanted to throw my 2cents in; Overall impression is GREAT. I could have gone with another Durango, but would not have been able to get all the same interior options of the Journey R/T (Fully-loaded with Wi-Fi, Sun roof, rear video group, leather heated seats with red stitching, etc.). I was really looking forward to beating up the uconnect and rear video systems, as I highly customized my Durango several years ago (back in 2009) to provide the very same features.

(shamless plug of the Durango)

Center Shot From Rear

Center Console Rotated

From that stand point, no complaints - except navigating the NAV is more painful then should be and the journey really should've had headrest monitors - not the fold-down console monitor... When this thing is down, forget about visibility out the rear... BUT - all-in-all, still rates an "A"...

I will add that with this tech, the absence of the "lane/blind-spot warning" is perplexing - and the fact that the Durango R/T and other models have a "better" radio then the one in the Journey R/T. I would have imagined the R/T trim line would have at least the radio in common...

I should have posted my other thread here about the rest - but will just mention I erroneously posted it under the year model-2015 section (so I wont double post those items)...

Any comments on that thread or anything in here is greatly welcome!

Edited by gwin99

Thanks Guys! Like most of you, I'm a multi-gen Mopar Owner and lean that way with all my vehicle purchases... And because of that, want to see our vehicles take "tops" in every aspect. (so if I'm coming off as whiney - know its me going after that last ~10% for perfection :-))

With that, one other thing I'm finding is that the side-mirrors are not adequate, and really needs the "blind-spot mini-mirrors"... I have read a few posts that mention further mirror adjustment would help and have tried that. But again, with the video monitor down, and the new mirror adjustment, you basically lose sight of the entire rear of the vehicle. The way I drive - that's a hazard :-)

Does anyone have any installed on their side-mirrors they like? Interested in size/shape and corner-location more than anything....

I have always used the mini (1-.5") mini spots on all my cars.

They let me see the blind spot and bottom of rear tires for parking

and backing into my garage.

I stick them in the bottom farthest corner of both side mirrors , there's

a lot to be said for back up cams but the few times I have used them

I found them (my problem) difficult to use backing into tight spots.

I had a Lockpick on my Nitro. If I touched the Uconnect button 2x in rapid succession, the BU Camera would come on! Good feature to see what is actually going on behind me. Two quick hits would turn it off. I miss that feature. It does not work in the DJ.

Thanks again guys; While I need to see my rear panels with parking - my main complaint is while driving with the monitor down, so I would want to see directly behind me. I'm not the fastest on the road, but find that when I do pass a lot of drivers - they "wake up", get mad and then fly up behind me - only to pass me (and a lot of times, slow back down in front of me).

So I've grown accustom to very frequent checks of my rear (well more than what is concerned "normal")...

-Did pickup the Liberty; there were "spotz" on it already, in the upper-outer corners... Driving it, I realize that is not where I would want them, so at least this is partially answered for me...

Thanks again guys; While I need to see my rear panels with parking - my main complaint is while driving with the monitor down, so I would want to see directly behind me. I'm not the fastest on the road, but find that when I do pass a lot of drivers - they "wake up", get mad and then fly up behind me - only to pass me (and a lot of times, slow back down in front of me).

I agree 100%