Katzkin Seat Heaters

dhh3

Since I bought my DJ too fast, without fully checking it out, ( I assumed leather = seat heaters) I'm having a Katzkin Seat Heater Kit installed on my drivers side today. Katzkin can not install a kit on the passenger seat; only on the back because of some kind of sensor on the seat bottom. I have the flip front seat with the storage underneath. My Nitro had the Fold Flat passenger seat, so I don't think this has anything to do with it. So, I decided not to install the passenger side seat back.

Mopar used to make seat heaters for the DJ, located in the Accessory Catalog, until the year that Dodge changed the interior. I do not know the year of the major update to the DJ. The controls for the seat heaters are in the display screen, under Controls - stupid idea, IMHO. There should be knobs/switches visible all the time. This is just another way to distract the driver.

The Katzkin kit puts the switch on the side of the seat, where all of the seat controls are located. I'll take a picture one I get home.

Edited by dhh3

I also agree. But mostly because you can't turn off the heated seat or steering wheel if you're on the phone. My hands and rear get really toasty if my wife is on a rant. I'm not brave enough to stop her so I can hang up...

You can't navigate through the screens when you are on the phone?? I could swear I have done this before...

Since I bought my DJ too fast, without fully checking it out, ( I assumed leather = seat heaters) I'm having a Katzkin Seat Heater Kit installed on my drivers side today. Katzkin can not install a kit on the passenger seat; only on the back because of some kind of sensor on the seat bottom. I have the flip front seat with the storage underneath. My Nitro had the Fold Flat passenger seat, so I don't think this has anything to do with it. So, I decided not to install the passenger side seat back.

Mopar used to make seat heaters for the DJ, located in the Accessory Catalog, until the year that Dodge changed the interior. I do not know the year of the major update to the DJ. The controls for the seat heaters are in the display screen, under Controls - stupid idea, IMHO. There should be knobs/switches visible all the time. This is just another way to distract the driver.

The Katzkin kit puts the switch on the side of the seat, where all of the seat controls are located. I'll take a picture one I get home.

Are there pics up and I just don't see them??? Or are you slacking?? Review?

Are there pics up and I just don't see them??? Or are you slacking?? Review?

I'm slacking! There is really nothing to show, other than a tiny, 3-position round toggle switch located in front of the seat controls. Push the switch in at the top for High, push in the bottom for Low, or in the middle is off. There is no timer, so the heater stays on until I turn it off.

When the switch is in the High position, two tiny orange bars are lit; when in the Low position, one tiny orange bar is lit.

The grid wires are located within a nice felt pad, with double stick tape on the bottom. The tech pulls off the backing paper and sticks the grids to the foam on the seat bottom and seat back. The grids were made specifically for the DJ seats, so there was no cutting.

High gets really hot. Low is just right, once it is too hot to handle!

If I leave the switch in either the High or Low position, the heater will come on as soon as I start the car. The felt was thick enough that I had to slightly readjust the position of my seat. This is great on my broken back!

I'm slacking! There is really nothing to show, other than a tiny, 3-position round toggle switch located in front of the seat controls. Push the switch in at the top for High, push in the bottom for Low, or in the middle is off. There is no timer, so the heater stays on until I turn it off.

When the switch is in the High position, two tiny orange bars are lit; when in the Low position, one tiny orange bar is lit.

The grid wires are located within a nice felt pad, with double stick tape on the bottom. The tech pulls off the backing paper and sticks the grids to the foam on the seat bottom and seat back. The grids were made specifically for the DJ seats, so there was no cutting.

High gets really hot. Low is just right, once it is too hot to handle!

If I leave the switch in either the High or Low position, the heater will come on as soon as I start the car. The felt was thick enough that I had to slightly readjust the position of my seat. This is great on my broken back!

So would you say it was a good purchase? You are happy with them?

So would you say it was a good purchase? You are happy with them?

Extremely happy. I would recommend these to anyone. Only the seat back on the passenger side can be done, because of some sensor on the seat bottom. So, I opted out of doing the passenger seat. There is a member here that did his passenger side seat back also, for his wife. My wife passed two years ago of breast cancer. 90% of the time I'm in the car by myself.

Extremely happy. I would recommend these to anyone. Only the seat back on the passenger side can be done, because of some sensor on the seat bottom. So, I opted out of doing the passenger seat. There is a member here that did his passenger side seat back also, for his wife. My wife passed two years ago of breast cancer. 90% of the time I'm in the car by myself.

Assuming that you are referring to the sensor for the seat belt light warning... Did they tell you that installing it would ruin the sensor, or what was the issue? Thanks for the review!

Also, I assume you have already done it somewhere, but can you put up the part number, or a link to what you installed? Would be nice to capture it in this thread with your review.