Not Equipped with UConnect Phone

Hi All,

I have a little problem that I'm hoping someone may be able to give me some insight on; I have a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with the UConnect option.

Up until approximately 2 weeks ago, everything was working fine and I was able to use voice commands and hands free devices (iPhone 4S and iPhone 5S). Then one morning, I pressed the "phone" and "voice" buttons on my stereo and received the following message for both:

"Not Equipped with Uconnect Phone"

I've spoken to UConnect Support via telephone, but they told me that it's not something they are familiar with, and the same goes for my dealer. I was advised the best route would be to take it in for service, however I would like to resolve the issue myself and avoid the charge, if possible.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this issue? Possibly even have resolution or some "tips" on what I can possibly try?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Jeff

There is really nothing you can fix. If it worked before and doesn't now, I suppose you could try to disconnect the battery to reset everything, HOWEVER, I do not know if you need a anti theft code. There is a modual that connects to your radio which makes the voice/phone work. Perhaps it went bad.....

Welcome to the forum. Disconnect the negative terminal on your battery to reset the memory. This is like restarting your computer. Radio/Uconnect issues can take up to 30 minutes to purge their memory, so leave the negative terminal disconnected for at least 30 minutes. The radio has a small battery, so you will not lose you presets. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

• Official Dodge Support

Hi All,

I have a little problem that I'm hoping someone may be able to give me some insight on; I have a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with the UConnect option.

Up until approximately 2 weeks ago, everything was working fine and I was able to use voice commands and hands free devices (iPhone 4S and iPhone 5S). Then one morning, I pressed the "phone" and "voice" buttons on my stereo and received the following message for both:

"Not Equipped with Uconnect Phone"

I've spoken to UConnect Support via telephone, but they told me that it's not something they are familiar with, and the same goes for my dealer. I was advised the best route would be to take it in for service, however I would like to resolve the issue myself and avoid the charge, if possible.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this issue? Possibly even have resolution or some "tips" on what I can possibly try?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Jeff

Jeff St Louis,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Journey.

OhareFred brings up a good point, there is a module that is responsible for this system and it may be problematic.

Certainly worth getting your dealer involved to diagnose and replace accordingly (if needed).

All the best !