Appropriate jack points for Journey?

I've been swapping my winters on my Journey the last several years, but I've always had to do them one wheel at a time due to the fact I'm not comfortable and/or unable to find a suitable spot to raise the front and rear of the Journey up. Because I'm using the jack point on the underside of the Journey, I'm unable to use the jack stands.

Anyone on the forums jack their Journey at a specific spot aside from the underside? Thank you in advance.

Wherever I can find a solid piece of steel. Not sheet metal, not the oil pan, transmission pan or exhaust pipe...etc. Usually on a control arm mount where it attaches to the frame. Don't know anywhere else you could jack the car up besides the underside. You could spend $50 and get yourself another floor jack. Thats what I do. One floor jack holds the drivers rear up while I use the other floor jack to raise/lower at whichever wheel I'm working on.

Every car has a sweet spot in between the front and rear axles that enables you to lift the front and rear wheels of that side simultaneously. On my special, it's just rearward of the center of the front door. Journey might be a little further back depending on the weight distribution. As jkeaton pointed out, only jack the car via the frame or side rails. Never on floor pans, oil pans, tranny pans, etc. My Special has a pinch weld along the rockers that I use (I plan on buying a rubber pinch-weld adapter for my floor jack to prevent damage).

Every car has a sweet spot in between the front and rear axles that enables you to lift the front and rear wheels of that side simultaneously. On my special, it's just rearward of the center of the front door. Journey might be a little further back depending on the weight distribution. As jkeaton pointed out, only jack the car via the frame or side rails. Never on floor pans, oil pans, tranny pans, etc. My Special has a pinch weld along the rockers that I use (I plan on buying a rubber pinch-weld adapter for my floor jack to prevent damage).

This is what I do for rotating tires front to back and whatnot...just find the sweetspot and mark it with a permament marker on the frame for reference next time. I've also jacked up the front, and put jackstands on both side pinch welds. Then jack up the rear to get all 4 off the ground at the same time (for changing brakes). But it's easier just to use a single jack and do one side at a time.

This is what I do for rotating tires front to back and whatnot...just find the sweetspot and mark it with a permament marker on the frame for reference next time. I've also jacked up the front, and put jackstands on both side pinch welds. Then jack up the rear to get all 4 off the ground at the same time (for changing brakes). But it's easier just to use a single jack and do one side at a time.

Typically that's what I do, one corner at a time to get all four off at once for wheel and tire cleanings, wheel well cleanings, brake component replacement, caliper and spindle repaint, etc. Easier to ensure the lifted vehicle is level that way.