might possibly become journey owner

68polara

My wife curently owns a caliber. Im a mopar guy. So we go look and drive a journey opened door and headliner and carpet soaked. The caliber has sun roof and, we have never had a lick of trouble. The journey had sunroof we were going to buy until that. Has anyone had any good luck with this car? I have never had problem with caliber it is a very reliable car but my boys are getting bigger and find we are toting friends more. If anyone has any input on good or bad I would grateful.

My wife curently owns a caliber. Im a mopar guy. So we go look and drive a journey opened door and headliner and carpet soaked. The caliber has sun roof and, we have never had a lick of trouble. The journey had sunroof we were going to buy until that. Has anyone had any good luck with this car? I have never had problem with caliber it is a very reliable car but my boys are getting bigger and find we are toting friends more. If anyone has any input on good or bad I would grateful.

I also have a Caliber I bought new in December 2007. It is a SXT 2.0l with CVT. I love that car. I just bought my new Journey SXT 3.5L on Feb 21,2009. So far I have no issues to complain about. I can not tell you to buy it or not, I can say that I do love mine. I waited for it and when it came out I got a great deal on it, and paid less for it than my Caliber. It rides alot better than the Caliber and has more room.

I also have a Caliber I bought new in December 2007. It is a SXT 2.0l with CVT. I love that car. I just bought my new Journey SXT 3.5L on Feb 21,2009. So far I have no issues to complain about. I can not tell you to buy it or not, I can say that I do love mine. I waited for it and when it came out I got a great deal on it, and paid less for it than my Caliber. It rides alot better than the Caliber and has more room.

Thanks for info. If you dont mind how is your journey optioned?

I bought my Journey in May 08 and it was a great vehicle up untill 17,000 miles. It now has a problem that my dealer cannot fix. 7th attempt next week. I too used to own a caliber and miss that car so much....my boys were getting bigger that is why we upgrade in size. I don't mean to deter you away from buying a Journey....I love Dodge. It is all my husband and I have owned. He has a GREAT Dodge truck, but this vehicle has been nothing but trouble for us. My advice to you would be to do your homework before you purchase this vehicle. They look awesome on the outside, but mine is not so great on the inside. Sometimes I just wish I had my Caliber back. If your caliber is such a great car why get rid of it. You never know what you are going to end up with.

Right now I am trying to get my sunroof to stop leaking. It is going in on Monday. So hopefully it will be good as new. I think Dodge has seen enough sunfoofs leak that they know how to fix them now on the Journey. It has been a good car to us so far and fits the bill nicely for our needs.

It is pretty well loaded. Sticker was $30,335 with all my rebates employee pricing and my trade in tax out the door, under 22,000 I was able to finance 48 months 0% interest, that saved me another 3-5 grand. I love it,lol.5+2 seating 3.5L v6,rear backup camera,rear dvd,etc.

• 4 weeks later...

We love our Journey. FWD SXT V6 Performance steering and suspension, sunroof, rear dvd system

If you've got boys to tote along, this vehicle will definatley have more room than the caliber. I recommend not opting for the third row, you lose so much space in the back for luggage and what not.

I also recommend the V6 engine. Fuel economy is of course not as good as the 4-cylinder, however, it's really not that bad. 14 L/100kms in the city, 9 L/100kms on the highway. The 4 just didn't have any get up and go.

If you do decide to purchase the Journey, I wish you luck. It seems as though computer glitches are common, those that have problems, have many little ones and those that don't have any, are able to enjoy this vehicle because it really does have so much to offer.