4 cyl engines missing on hard braking

PapaG

Our 2014 DJ 4cyl seems to miss when we do some hard breaking. Not panic braking, but just hard braking. It has happened to both my wife and me. She was driving this weekend and I was riding shotgun. She was going to turn into wally world. First time we were together when this happened. It came up after she made her turn into the parking lot.

Our DJ has 4200 miles on it. Any ideas? We live in rural Texas and the nearest dealer is at least 30 miles away, but we can take it in if needed. It will take a special trip. Any ideas, guesses, don't worry about it?

Stumbles maybe a better way of describing it. Does not seem to be the breaks. I spent over 20 years as a mechanic before making a career change. But I can be wrong. I guess it could be a transmission reaction to hard breaking without coming to a full stop. But it has not thrown a code that I can tell. No check engine light.

Stumbles maybe a better way of describing it. Does not seem to be the breaks. I spent over 20 years as a mechanic before making a career change. But I can be wrong. I guess it could be a transmission reaction to hard breaking without coming to a full stop. But it has not thrown a code that I can tell. No check engine light.

If it is what my wife's Avenger does then it is hard to describe... I've heard it described as lunging and also as if the brakes released briefly.

I think that is it. Whoop. My wife is sitting here now as I am reading this to her with her head bobbing up and down... Another one bites the dust...I

I think that it is just the way the transmission is set up. The Avenger was my daily driver before I got the DJ and I think it just felt weird because it was a characteristic I wasn't used to. The vehicle still brakes just fine and if you watch the tach, the rpms are well within the range you would expect.

• Official Dodge Support

Our 2014 DJ 4cyl seems to miss when we do some hard breaking. Not panic braking, but just hard braking. It has happened to both my wife and me. She was driving this weekend and I was riding shotgun. She was going to turn into wally world. First time we were together when this happened. It came up after she made her turn into the parking lot.

Our DJ has 4200 miles on it. Any ideas? We live in rural Texas and the nearest dealer is at least 30 miles away, but we can take it in if needed. It will take a special trip. Any ideas, guesses, don't worry about it?

If you have a concern, then have the dealer at least check it out.

Regina

U.S. Top Care

Chrysler Group LLC

If you have a concern, then have the dealer at least check it out.

Regina

U.S. Top Care

Chrysler Group LLC

Not bad advice, though you will likely end up wasting a good part of the day and get the answer, "that is just how it is" or they won't know what you are talking about. I hate to be a pessimist, but it has become a pretty standard response by dealer mechanics for all brands...