2013 Dodge Journey Crew. Since May of this year, this is the 4th time having it towed in. Had started a thread in August and a regional customer care rep asked for my Vin, which I provided. Reposted to him today, have not heard back. Battery replaced twice, charged once. Waiting to hear from dealership. Car is currently at Orchard Chrysler Plymouth in Washington Twp, Mi. I love this car but I do not feel I have a dependable vehicle at this point.

Chrysler's DealerConnect site is down, so I can't check for any service bulletins or STAR cases which might help shed some light on your situation. Sounds to me like something in the car is "waking up" intermittently without any input from you, causing the battery to drain. When DealerConnect comes back up tomorrow, I'll do some more investigating for you.

• Official Dodge Support

2013 Dodge Journey Crew. Since May of this year, this is the 4th time having it towed in. Had started a thread in August and a regional customer care rep asked for my Vin, which I provided. Reposted to him today, have not heard back. Battery replaced twice, charged once. Waiting to hear from dealership. Car is currently at Orchard Chrysler Plymouth in Washington Twp, Mi. I love this car but I do not feel I have a dependable vehicle at this point.

I am sorry to hear your vehicle continues to have a battery issue. Contacted your dealer to provide assistance in issue.

Found a STAR case today - this is something that should be checked while at the shop if it has not been already:

STAR Case

This document does not authorize warranty repairs. This communication documents a record of past experiences. STAR Center Online does not provide any conclusions about what is wrong with the vehicle. Rather, it captures all previous cases known that appear to be similar or related to the vehicle symptom / condition.

Case Number: S1408000148

Release Date:

06/25/2014

Symptom/Vehicle Issue:

Intermittent No Start, Battery Drained

Diagnosis:

Intermittently the vehicle will not start because the battery has been drained. IOD (Ignition Off Draw) has jumped above the acceptable level of 35ma.

Repair Procedure:

Check the vehicle for IOD draw while applying pressure at the glove door at the area of the contact switch. If the draw changes, adjust or add the required shim pad to allow full switch contact to complete. Use NVH kit contact pads by size required or individual parts 05109628AA, 68073904AA.

Switch contact bumper on glove box door.

Verification:

Review for excessive IOD draw to complete.

Edited by Journeyman425

There is also this STAR case which discusses aftermarket accessory installations and how they can affect your vehicle. This document would not apply if your vehicle is stock or uses genuine Mopar Accessories which fully integrate into the vehicle's wiring architecture. I'm posting it for everyone's knowledge and information:

STAR Case

This document does not authorize warranty repairs. This communication documents a record of past experiences. STAR Center Online does not provide any conclusions about what is wrong with the vehicle. Rather, it captures all previous cases known that appear to be similar or related to the vehicle symptom / condition.

Case Number: S1308000232

Release Date: 07/31/2014

Symptom/Vehicle Issue

Battery Drain, Multiple DTC’s, Aftermarket Installation, Conditions, And Causes

Discussion:

Special design considerations are incorporated into this vehicle's electronic systems to optimize the performance and operation. Any aftermarket accessory installations altering the operation of the current circuit functions including load shedding power sources should be considered and installed only by trained personnel.

Aftermarket installations affecting our systems have involved, routing of wiring along with the connections to direct power sources, connections to load shedding power sources and grounding locations. Some documented symptoms created from these installations have been, battery drain, navigation system and cluster continuous boot up, erratic warning lamp illumination and potential multiple modules setting no communication DTC’s. These are some of the conditions that have been attributed to aftermarket installations. Review any suspect conditions combined with a potential aftermarket installation to define the appropriate repair action.

In some cases identifying if the vehicle is going into a bus sleep state, vehicle off minimal IOD and remaining in that state as expected, can help identify any add on component issues. Verification could be done through IOD monitoring for power up and down cycles showing higher then expected ignition off draw. Also monitor ground and power side spikes of unwanted voltage.

Some Examples :

-

Aftermarket alarm systems

o These could potentially be wired in to some lighting system within the vehicle which could have enough draw to cause load shed mitigation

-

Aftermarket lighting systems

o Examples: Off-road lighting (typically found on JK), interior lighting enhancements, or high power front headlamps.

These could potentially be wired in to some lighting system (s), including ignition and ground circuits within the vehicle. Remove after market equipment to check for a change with the involved power supply circuits and grounds.

-

Aftermarket audio systems

o Examples: Radios, Amplifiers, DVD Players And Screens

o These could have enough draw to cause load shed mitigation (probably on a different circuit)