Water in my rear doors...2010 Journey

Lthistle

There was a thread awhile back, it seems like all new vehicles come with those stupid stickers covering the drain holes. There's one or two on each door, plus a couple on the back hatch. MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ALL THE STICKERS!!! I think the factory forgot to remove them. There's no other reason I can think of to have them all sealed shut.

The Avengers had a similar issue with the trunk lid... Water would seep in around the 3rd brake light and there were rubber seals blocking the drain holes on the bottom of the trunk lid. Lots of people had issues with those cars...Mine did not have the seals from the factory for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall that there was a problem with some '09 models where at the factory they applied stickers that didn't have a slit in them, thus allowing the water to not drain out of the door. My buddy had this problem and all the dealer did was to cut a slit in the sticker covering the drain.....

I'm not saying this is your problem, but I can see how debris could cause a back-up.

Happy Motoring.....

I seem to recall that there was a problem with some '09 models where at the factory they applied stickers that didn't have a slit in them, thus allowing the water to not drain out of the door. My buddy had this problem and all the dealer did was to cut a slit in the sticker covering the drain.....

I'm not saying this is your problem, but I can see how debris could cause a back-up.

Happy Motoring.....

Hmmm... Did you read the thread? That WAS the problem and it was fixed a while ago...

• 5 years later...