So far so good

PapaG

Just hit 3k miles on our Journey. Not any big problems. Most of them have been learning the new car. I guess I should call it a crossover suv.

We are real happy with how quiet it is compared to our past SUV's!!!!!!! Both were GM ones ant they were quite loud. The Saturn 2003 was the loudest, the Equniox was better 2007. Both were ok. I really liked my plastic Vue.

I wish we would have looked at some of the options better. My wife got her big things, duall climate controls and 3rd row seats. The DLRL are something we assumed were standard on all the cars now ( wrong). A few other small things that we assumed would be on it, our bad.

The 4cyl engines sucks. Our son has one with the same engine and tranny setup . " the 4 banger will be enough, NOT. We had a 6 cyl engine in the Equinox. The engine has to down shift in more times than we would have thought. Next time it will be a 6 cylinder. The plus it seem to get better fuel mileage. But that was not a big deal. In all the other big 3 auto makers on Sunday night looking, no sales people, we found that almost all had 4 cyl on the lot. I am a little disappointed that it has only a 4 spd transmission. More gears would have made up for the smaller engine.

I will be adding something's that are not on it.

I would have to give our Journey a A. Not quite a A+ but overall a very good car. One last pet peeve why is tilt steering column a "tilt" not just something that moves up and down. The are all like that BUT....

More later

All older cars the stearing column would actully tilt. Have you owned any older cars that had a tilt column? We have had them on almost every thing we have owned, except my 63 chevy truck.

http://www.ididitinc.com/universal-steering-columns

http://gmtiltsteeringcolumn.com/

We would diffently get the 6 cylinder next time. Our salesperson said we could trade it in a year. I don't know about that as I do not want to be upside down in a car. My son and his wife do most of their driving in Houston proper. Last time I listen to him on a car, but he has a lead foot too.

Some of the problem is my wife has the drivers seat raised up. I need to learn to "turn out" the get up and out of the seat. ;)

I like the satellite radio, but I never thought I might pay for radio, but I have had DiretcTV for many moons. My wife listens to local radio, unless we are on the road, then I get to choose. What does satellite radio cost when my free year runs out?

The most of the mistakes are our fault. We won't make them the next time, and it looks like a Journey will be at the top of the list So far we like it more than our newer GM product. Do not ask about our Jeep Liberty!!!!. I loved my '69 340 Dodge Dart Swinger.

I have owned more older GM stuff and some Late VW model stuff. And a lot of older VW stuff that was not the family daily driver.

Edited by PapaG

I understand what tilt steering is, I just don't understand what your "pet peeve" about the Journey's tilt steering is.

Personally, I like that it moves up and down rather than actually tilting. That way the face of the steering wheel actually faces me when I move it up rather than the top leaning away from me. I also like that it telescopes...

Sorry about not knowing if you knew about "tilt stearing columns" or not. IT is my pet "peeve" on all cars that have that way. Nothing bad with the coulmn that moves up and down. If it had tilt, all I would have to do is flip it up to get out how I am used to, but my wife already in the full up position, plus the seat jacked up. My bad I guess.

Edited by PapaG

Don't pay the full price they quote you for Sirius when your renewal comes due. The wanted me to pay over $220.00 + tax and I told them it was too much. I asked to speak to a supervisor and explained that I really liked Sirius but was retired and on a fixed income and couldn't justify spending that kind of money. I eventually got it down to $103.51including tax.

Edited by rolly

Thats me too, I am retired with fixed income, my wife works, but it is fixed income too. If it is too high the wife will say h3ll no. I think she might go the $103 just to keep me happy. I wonder how many people they loose with the price they want to charge?

Edited by PapaG

Sorry about not knowing if you knew about "tilt stearing columns" or not. IT is my pet "peeve" on all cars that have that way. Nothing bad with the coulmn that moves up and down. If it had tilt, all I would have to do is flip it up to get out how I am used to, but my wife already in the full up position, plus the seat jacked up. My bad I guess.

Ahhh... I understand what you're saying now... Makes sense.