Brake rotors warped and rusted at 13,000 km?

I bought my journey in 2012 brand new. I only service it at the dealership and always have them do a peace of mind brake check/cleaning with the last one being done in April 2014. My km is 13,303 to be exact. I just got the call that my rotors are rusted and warped and need to be replaced. Granted, we had a hard last winter and a wet summer but should this be an issue with so few km? And it's $354/side.. My warranty doesn't cover this apparently as it's wear and tear.. Oh, my brake pads are actually re-usable as they are in good condition.. I know very little about this. My husband has a 2007 dodge grand caravan, bought new, and hasn't once had this problem nor needed to replace his. Is this normal?

Brakes were terrible from 09 till sometime in 2012 when they upgraded from the factory. Yours must still have the too small brakes. Do yourself a favor and replace everything with quality aftermarket parts, not dealer installed parts. They will last much longer. You can get yourself some decent pads and new rotors much cheaper and install them yourself to save a ton of money. Its not that hard to do.

You may be able to have the rotors cut. If the pads are fine and you are not having brake issues, do nothing. The rotors will rust in areas that the pads don't touch. If that's the case, you have nothing to worry about. Even aftermarket, which is the only way to go, rotors will rust. They are steel. Also, aftermarket rotors with pads, if you can do it yourself, cost about $75 for good ceramic pads, and About $65 a rotor, which you need 2.

Thanks I've already given the go-ahead to fix it with the dealership as it was there.. I just think it's incredible that this even happened. I drive daily, just locally. Hence the low km. my husbands vehicle is low km as well (7 years/70K km) but has not this issue. Oh well, I know better for next time I guess.

Thanks I've already given the go-ahead to fix it with the dealership as it was there.. I just think it's incredible that this even happened. I drive daily, just locally. Hence the low km. my husbands vehicle is low km as well (7 years/70K km) but has not this issue. Oh well, I know better for next time I guess.

Yep, expect to have to replace them again sooner than later.