Oil Change interval

tasman

I have 2013 Journey v6. it is 11 months old and has 7,700 miles on it. I do mostly expressway driving, very little stop and go. The system has not yet advised me that I should change the oil. The manual says the system will prompt me depending on driving condotions etc. Could be as soon as 3500 miles., under no circumstances should mileage exceed 10,000.

Should I be worried? Any others have a similar circumstance?

under no circumstances should mileage exceed 10,000.

You just answered your own question. If you do not feel comfortable waiting that long for an oil change then change it now. It probably has not come on yet because it detects that you are doing a lot of highway driving as opposed to city driving (stop & go) where the oil will take more of a beating.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

• Official Dodge Support

I have 2013 Journey v6. it is 11 months old and has 7,700 miles on it. I do mostly expressway driving, very little stop and go. The system has not yet advised me that I should change the oil. The manual says the system will prompt me depending on driving condotions etc. Could be as soon as 3500 miles., under no circumstances should mileage exceed 10,000.

Should I be worried? Any others have a similar circumstance?

No you should not be worried. Just follow the guidelines as it states under no circumstances should the oil change intervals exceed 10,000 miles or twelve months, whichever comes first.

Agreed. This topic is all over the site. Do as you choose, but following the 12 month or 10k miles recommendation or oil light will not affect your warranty. Some change it sooner because they like wasting money or are stuck in their ways, but there is no harm in waiting for the light. I would check your oil level at least twice a month though...