Plasti Dip. For emblems and other stuff

I've been looking for things to do to make the Journey appealing. Plasti Dip is the way to go.

Homedepot sells the Plasti Dip spray can in the spray paint Isle for 6 bucks. Here are some pictures of the project. It's a good idea for people who want to do some cheap cosmetic upgrades

Before with the chrome letters and license plate frame.

72c57fbc-bfdc-4ca6-83b5-e0eadf0161d3.jpg

Plastidip5.jpg

Plastidip4.jpg

Plastidip3.jpg

Plastidip2.jpg

This is the after shot with everything Plasti Dip'd. This stuff is just like a Vinyl Wrap. When you are bored of it just peel it off. Until then it is very durable and will stay on through the car wash.

677238eb-1157-4709-82d7-dc5b5699631e.jpg

So this stuff stays on until you peel it off? Did you trim or something to get the excess off around the letters?

Describe your procedure please.

Yeah you mask off a square around where you want to plasti dip. You spray 4 or 5 coats on and when you go to take off the tape the plasti dip pleels off your car and the letters stay black. I know it wasn't a good explanation but here is a great link on how to plasti dip. Youtube has a million videos on plasti dip

tape of a square around letters spray letters lite coat at a time until u get what u want let dry for about 15 mins remove tape and pull dip off make sure u pull away from letters and use a fine tip to start dip inside letters and pull it out just like that and clean of rest of dip on truck with a clean rag or use ur hand and finger. I have done wheels ,letters,grill,door handles,square panel around rear plate on lift gate.alsopainted my tails lights with paint .good luck you can't screw up plastic dip because it removes easy.

I always remove all of my badges, but I have had my wheels dipped for a while now and the stuff is pretty durable... The car wash I use when I'm too lazy to do a hand wash has stiff bristle brushes that clean each wheel and it has held up great.

• 2 weeks later...