New to Journey, not to Mopar

B4ZINGA

Hello all.

As of May 20, 2014, I am the proud owner of a 2014 Dodge Journey R/T. 3.6L, 6-spd, AWD, with Rallye appearance package. I traded my 2007 Charger R/T with 29R Road & Track sport package for this after I adopted my friends dog and realized that the suede seats weren't going work, so it was time to get into the 5-door vehicle I've been wanting for a few years. My other half bought a 2014 Journey SXT Black Top 2.4L earlier this year and turned me on to it (though the 4-banger was not on the radar at all, I need power and the 3.6L delivers!). I did some searching, and came across my 2,000 mile R/T at a dealer near my office that was traded when the husbands wife wanted something with more content. His loss on the trade was my gain.

Coming here now and absorbing what I can. As the title suggests, I don't know much about this car. I've learned that it has the Rallye appearance package (black headlight buckets, body color (PX8, a color I'm familiar with on the LH platform) grille, Anthracite 19" wheels, roof rack deleted, sport-tuned suspension, black leather seating with red stitching on seats, door bolsters, door armrests, steering wheel. It has the Alpine audio system and 8.4" touch screen, auto up/down front windows, heated steering wheel, remote start, however it lacks a sunroof, navigation, and rear backup camera. I did consider other CUVs and SUVs, however I found nothing else held a candle to the power, refinement, quality of materials, and price as my Journey. That seems to be the way with Chrysler... every comparable competitor falls short on everything else.

There are a number of things I'd like to do to it to make it my own, however the goal is to avoid large expense and permanent modifications. I'd like to end up with:

- Rear fascia protector

- Rear back-up camera

- Navigation system of somekind - Wish the Android Auto function of the upcoming Android L update worked here

- Projector HID headlights

- Projector HID or LED foglights

- Upgraded air intake system, likely short ram to avoid hydrolock

- Upgraded exhaust

- WK1 Grand Cherokee SRT 20x9 wheels with 255/40/20 tires (245/45/20 keeps OEM tire diameter, however I want as wide of a tire as possible on a 9" wheel)

I saw a Journey Crossroad on display at the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA this past weekend with 255/50/19 tires on it that looked fantastic. The 225/50/19 on the car now look far too thin... one of the vices of what everyone calls a "van" I suppose.

Anyway, these upgrades will happen a little at a time. Currently saving for my first house, and I tend to relieve my mod-bug itch on my 2002 Chrysler 300M Special (laundry list there already, with a lot of lighting, audio ripped out and completely customized with tablet and DSP, and performance mods). I can see the modding culture for Journey buyers at large is not unlike that of the LH platform, resulting in zero aftermarket, so I'll have to get crafty. But, that's half the fun!

For now, if I could find a good rear fascia protector and full front-end mask, I'd be happy for the rest of the year...

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. A lot of great members here to share their experience and ideas and offer their help. you made a wise choice. I've had my Journey since December 2012 and it still impresses me. It's a fantastic drive, especially cruising the highway on long trips!

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the forum. I think that I am going to install P255/50R19 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus before winter, as I read here on the forum that the Factory tires are not that good. I may try them in the snow first before I switch. I had these tires on my Nitro and they are an excellent tire.

Edited by dhh3