Uconnect 2012 Dodge Journey R/T

I just bought an iPhone and paired it to my uconnect.. work fine one day then I went to use it and it was stuck on hands free system loading please wait. can any one help before I go to dealer?

thanks

Edited by brqust01

• Official Dodge Support

I just bought an iPhone and paired it to my uconnect.. work fine one day then I went to use it and it was stuck on hands free system loading please wait. can any one help before I go to dealer?

thanks

brqust01,

How did you make out?

Did you need to reset any settings to get it to work?

cheers!

I'm having the same problem. I took it in to the dealer and they "flashed" the system and got it to work... for 2 days. Just called them back this morning and asked them to see if there is a software update for the system. It isn't just UConnect.. None of the Voice Recognition features will work. So for the Navigation Center, Music, and phone there is no way to access the hands free feature of any system until Dodge comes up with a fix. :shrug: Not a happy camper right now.

Dealer just asked me to give them my Software version .. but it won't allow me into the Settings for Audio or UConnect.

Edited by D.j. Malloy

Before you go to the dealer, disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for at least 30 minutes for radio issues. This will reset the computer, purging any memory; sort of like a computer restart. Reconnect the terminal and see what you get.

• 1 year later...

So this problem has reared its ugly head for me too.

Is there a visual step by step guide for getting to the battery on this site? Or does anyone know of any handy links?

I have got an appointment with the dealership next Weds but would like to try this first, that way if it happens again I can tell them that it won't fix it permanently. The warranty expires in September this year. I hope it doesn't wait until October to happen again!

Should I just take it to a dealer, have them do the computer reset and if the problem happens again after the warranty expires I can point out that it the vehicle has been in for this existing problem? Would that gain any traction? It was a private sale so I don't think I am covered by the regular Australian Consumer Law as it only applies to businesses selling goods and services.

Sorry for rambling

Edited by BlindSquirrel

You can disconnect the battery by undoing the bolt that connects the battery feed to the rest of the vehicle at the NEGATIVE boost connection near the firewall on the left side of the vehicle. This as directed in the text of the backup camera installation manual.

Edited by bramfrank

So this problem has reared its ugly head for me too.

Is there a visual step by step guide for getting to the battery on this site? Or does anyone know of any handy links?

I have got an appointment with the dealership next Weds but would like to try this first, that way if it happens again I can tell them that it won't fix it permanently. The warranty expires in September this year. I hope it doesn't wait until October to happen again!

Should I just take it to a dealer, have them do the computer reset and if the problem happens again after the warranty expires I can point out that it the vehicle has been in for this existing problem? Would that gain any traction? It was a private sale so I don't think I am covered by the regular Australian Consumer Law as it only applies to businesses selling goods and services.

Sorry for rambling

Battery connections are in the engine compartment.

I let the dealer deal with it. They replaced, under NC warranty, the Bluetooth module with one they happened to have on the shelf. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again because the gentleman said that the part is worth $1200!

I did find the battery under the fuse box and the jump start terminals bolted to the side of the engine bay. That will be fun to change when the battery goes!

I let the dealer deal with it. They replaced, under NC warranty, the Bluetooth module with one they happened to have on the shelf. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again because the gentleman said that the part is worth $1200!

I did find the battery under the fuse box and the jump start terminals bolted to the side of the engine bay. That will be fun to change when the battery goes!

Gotta remove the wheel and fender liner access to get to the battery. Not a huge deal. With all the size and other restrictions placed on automotive manufacturers these days, don't be surprised to find the battery in places you would never expect. Just part of owning a new vehicle. Comes with the territory.