creaking seat

sexyRTboi

I seem to have one heck of a creaky drivers seat. Even just moving my foot from the gas to the brake pedals, the shift in weight causes it to creak loudly ... when I'm turning a corner and my weight shifts the creak is insane ... to the point that a passenger in the backseat asked me once if my seat was broken? ... All the other seats seem perfectly fine and it doesnt matter whos driving, it creaks no matter what lol .... (Im also not of excessive weight either ... just wanted that to be known)

I've been looking around and I see this is an isssue with Dodge Rams ... and I THINK I saw a posting about it on here awhile back and the result was needing a new seat all together.

Now heres the big question, would I be pushing my luck as far as my warranty is concerned ? ....... I have a 60,000km bumper to bumper and Im currently at 59,960 .......... lol lol .........

The leather seat has no cuts, signs of wear or fading ... its in excellent shape still .... its just that CREAK !!! .... and its LOUD !

I'd say get into the dealer in the next 40 km. They should warranty up to 60K. After 60K, they can technically deny your warranty repair. I don't think any reasonable dealer would deny a warranty claim in this case for a LOUD creak unless they are just mean. :shades: I made my dealer replace one of the plastic covers that goes over the seat floor bolts when it broke. Completely cosmetic.

Peace.

• 3 weeks later...

take it in quick and make sure you get it on paperwork, since it bothers you. i would have took it back in sooner. yrs ago i was at the end of my 36k warr. and was noticing i was losing antifreeze so i took it in to the dealer and they did a pressure test (at least they said they did) and no leak well that weekend i drove it back to where i lived about 300 mile drive and the next day noticed it was down again so took it to a different dealer and they said well your water pump is leaking and you are past your 36 k warr. and would cost me around $500 in parts and labor so i said um well here is some paperwork from last week while still in warr. and they looked at it and said no problem its covered. i guess the first dealer never put his pressure check into the computer because the 2nd dealer said they could not find no such vist, always get paperwork...............