Power Steering Noise

I've seen a few mentions of this but wanted to see if anyone found a solution..

On our 09 r/t when we turn completely to the left, sometimes we'll hear a whine from the power steering. The sad thing is we just bought the Journey a few hundred miles ago..

The A/C is also making an occasional noise whenever we idle in drive (at a red light for example). Guessing the compressor will need to replaced at some point..

Aside from those two things the car is Great.. even getting MPGs than I expected..

Thanks for the help,

Matt.

havent had any problems with my journeys but with my 2004 and 2007 caravans would get a nosie from the power steering sometimes so i would suck some of power steering fuild out with a turkey baster and then add some lucas power steering additive to the unit and never had any more noise from than on. on the air cond. you could have some one add some freon and oil additives. they have some made to help the seals and bearings. might be worth having it done. have never tried to add it myself.. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I know the noise you are talking about..... My 09 started to do that after a lot of driving last weekend, took it to the shop and my tech told me it was pressure blow back from the P/S pump, also said its cause the wheels&tires I have are heavy as hell for the P/S pump, totally normal. He did say if it starts to do it when you are doing a normal left or right turn to bring it back. Hope this helps.....

Edited by kbrownfocus

• 1 month later...

I have an 09 r/t. Since day one, if you turn the wheel completely left or right, in other words pinning the wheel, it makes some noise. Back off a bit it goes away. This is normal. I also seem to recall some type of recall or flash that had to do with the power steering. Maybe you can check with the dealer and see if it was ever done.