crossroad owners

crossroadjohn

just traded in my 11 mainstreet for a 14 crossroad so far likeing it, i have the perforated seats with leather trimm the one thing had to add was heated seats for the wife, also had a back up cam installed. the crossroad doesnt have all the bells and whistles that my mainstreet had but not worried about that any way. like the 19 inch wheels untill i have to replace the tires i guess, lol.. just wondering if i should get an extended warrenty was checking online looks like would cost about $2381 for a bumper to bumper lifetime warr. if you keep it 10yrs would make sense but if i only keep it 3 or 4 yrs then looks like wasted money. since it cant be transfered?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just traded in my 11 mainstreet for a 14 crossroad so far likeing it, i have the perforated seats with leather trimm the one thing had to add was heated seats for the wife, also had a back up cam installed. the crossroad doesnt have all the bells and whistles that my mainstreet had but not worried about that any way. like the 19 inch wheels untill i have to replace the tires i guess, lol.. just wondering if i should get an extended warrenty was checking online looks like would cost about $2381 for a bumper to bumper lifetime warr. if you keep it 10yrs would make sense but if i only keep it 3 or 4 yrs then looks like wasted money. since it cant be transfered?

How did you add the heated seats?

I Was at the dealership yesterday and they had a 2015 Crossroad in the showroom. Amazing looking Dark Grey Paint with matching rims. Even the mirrors where matching. It had the leather seats I think. Really really nice. Probably what im going to trade mine in for next year. Wish I would have gotten one rather than the base one I have now. Def worth the extra 5 grand.

• 5 weeks later...

How did you add the heated seats?

my dealer couldnt do it but said they used local shop called kat skins (i think its spelled different ) cost me little less than $500. and it doesnt work thur the radio it has buttons on the side of the seats also on the passenger side they cant put the heat pad on the botton seat just the back because of a speacial senser in the seat bottom.

Edited by 2late4u

my dealer couldnt do it but said they used local shop called kat skins (i think its spelled different ) cost me little less than $500. and it doesnt work thur the radio it has buttons on the side of the seats also on the passenger side they cant put the heat pad on the botton seat just the back because of a speacial senser in the seat bottom.

Katzkin is the company that makes the leather seat covers... $500 seems like a lot to add heated seats. The parts have to be less than $100 and labor is minimal...

• 2 weeks later...

I was quoted $400 per seat by my local Katzkin dealer! I do know that the Mopar kit for my Nitro was around $250, + installation, but that was for both seats. $400 seems steep for one seat, but I need it for my back. I bought my car too fast. I figured that it had heated seats because of the leather. Oh well, off to the Katzkin dealer!

Edited by dhh3

Katzkin is the company that makes the leather seat covers... $500 seems like a lot to add heated seats. The parts have to be less than $100 and labor is minimal...

yea it did seem high but the wife didnt really NOT want to trade in our 2011 mainstreet but i was ready and didnt notice this one didnt have the heated seats and drls and the security system that our old one had, and a happy wife makes a happy life.......