Anybody Plasti Dip Wheels?

onecrazyfoo4u

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which color should I dip my wheels?

• Anthracite Grey
    • Matte Black
    • Gloss Black
    • Something else?

So I'm getting ready to plasti dip my stock 19" chrome-clad wheels. I'm torn between black and this new metallic gray. I have a dark gray DJ, and was thinking of trying the Anthracite Grey True Metallic dip: https://www.dipyourcar.com/true-metallics-info.html

Looks like it would match the DJ paint pretty darn closely. I'll probably do the high gloss wheel kit (about $53 for 4 cans of anthracite grey and 2 cans of gloss). Has anybody done this color on their wheels or something else?

Do you think this shiny gray would look better on a gray DJ, or would matte black look better? I was originally considering matte black, but I think the metallic gray would look awesome.

I have done mine. 4 cans of color and 1 can of glossifier did a great job. I really like the anthracite grey, but black would look nice too. Definitely use the glossifier.

I have also done my grill and my lower front fascia. Stuff is easy to work with, but you need to do it just right to get smooth results.

Edited by Lobitz68

I have done mine. 4 cans of color and 1 can of glossifier did a great job. I really like the anthracite grey, but black would look nice too. Definitely use the glossifier.

I have also done my grill and my lower front fascia. Stuff is easy to work with, but you need to do it just right to get smooth results.

Where's the pics?! Can you post some or a link to where you have them? I'd love to see.

WAIT!! Trade me your chrome clads for my aluminum.....plastidip sticks better to aluminum and I want chrome wheels!! :drool:

Man I would gladly trade you if it weren't for the dang shipping costs. I've always liked the other style of 19" DJ wheels more than the chrome clad 19" ones. But my dealer wouldn't swap my wheels when I purchased it...

Sorry to interfere the thread, but a quick question: did you remove the lower fascia to dip it? If yes, do I understand correctly that it can be removed without have the whole big fascia (aka bumper) to be removed, just that silver part? Thanks.

Sorry to interfere the thread, but a quick question: did you remove the lower fascia to dip it? If yes, do I understand correctly that it can be removed without have the whole big fascia (aka bumper) to be removed, just that silver part? Thanks.

It looks like it is removable... I just drove up on some ramps and sprayed it on the vehicle...

Make sure to post some pictures as all of us are wanting to see!! I have a white RT and the 19'' wheels i wanted to dip either Vintage Gold or Anthrite grey metallic. Ofcourse use the glossifier. Hmmm i wonder what would go well with white..

Make sure to post some pictures as all of us are wanting to see!! I have a white RT and the 19'' wheels i wanted to dip either Vintage Gold or Anthrite grey metallic. Ofcourse use the glossifier. Hmmm i wonder what would go well with white..

Just about anything would go good with white... I think you're options will be plenty.

Man I would gladly trade you if it weren't for the dang shipping costs. I've always liked the other style of 19" DJ wheels more than the chrome clad 19" ones. But my dealer wouldn't swap my wheels when I purchased it...

Oh, there 19's...never mind. No way I want them anyway. Tires are too dang expensive...

Oh, there 19's...never mind. No way I want them anyway. Tires are too dang expensive...

Lol, to each they're own. 17's IMO look way too small on an SUV/crossover. I got 4 new Yokahoma tires installed last year for $600. I don't think that's expensive at all.

I'll be sure to post pics when I do it all. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get to it.

Sorry for the crappy pic... it has been raining here non-stop and the DJ is filthy, including the wheel...

Thanks for the pic, they are most glossy than I would've thought (just like I wanted)! Did you use the high gloss kit, or low gloss? And that's the anthracite grey color kit right?

Did you spray them on the vehicle? Spray the center caps and lug nuts too? Thanks!

Thanks for the pic, they are most glossy than I would've thought (just like I wanted)! Did you use the high gloss kit, or low gloss? And that's the anthracite grey color kit right?

Did you spray them on the vehicle? Spray the center caps and lug nuts too? Thanks!

That's black, the sun is just reflecting off of the shelving in my garage... I can try and get better pics if it ever stops raining.

The are 6 coats of matte black with 2 heavy coats of glossifier on top. I sprayed them on the vehicle by cutting a garbage bag and wrapping it around the brakes. When I finished the last coat on each wheel i pulled the bag out the back of the wheel. If you wanted to no spray the center cap you can just peel that part when you finish. Since mine were on the car I sprayed everything. When I rotate my wheels I will likely have to touch them up but that is the beauty of this stuff...easy to spray, easy to repair, and easy to remove!