need help. 2009 journey FOB questions

Hello everyone. I just got a used 2009 journey se. I noticed it has a wireless key entry. I did not receive a fob with my car. I see how the Ignition has the square looking hole and my back hatch also has same black square. It's even on the base of my key. I was wondering what I should do. I called a guy at dodge and he tried telling me I didn't have it and I would need to install everything. (Which I'm looking at it as he tells me I'm wrong) I was wondering I seen a new one for 100+ with key cut. Then I also seen one for 25$ with a uncut key. I really don't wanna use the fob for a key I MANLY WANT A REMOTE to lock unlock etc. I also was wondering if I could by any remote? Thanks for the help......

Hello everyone. I just got a used 2009 journey se. I noticed it has a wireless key entry. I did not receive a fob with my car. I see how the Ignition has the square looking hole and my back hatch also has same black square. It's even on the base of my key. I was wondering what I should do. I called a guy at dodge and he tried telling me I didn't have it and I would need to install everything. (Which I'm looking at it as he tells me I'm wrong) I was wondering I seen a new one for 100+ with key cut. Then I also seen one for 25$ with a uncut key. I really don't wanna use the fob for a key I MANLY WANT A REMOTE to lock unlock etc. I also was wondering if I could by any remote? Thanks for the help......

What you are saying is that the key (fob) that you use to start the car does not have any remote buttons on it? Where is the "square looking hole" located on the back hatch? If the key (fob) that you have will fit that hole and unlock the hatch, you don't have the keyless entry option. I'm not familiar with the configuration of a Journey without keyless entry (didn't think they were sold that way), but if yours does have the "Keyless Entry" option, you won't have any external unlock capability on the hatch. Is it possible that you are looking at the rear window spray nozzle that is located on the hatch, just to the left of the third brake light? It would probably be a good idea to go to the Dealer, show them that you have the keyless entry option and get them to explain to you why they say you don't.

We had to install an aftermarket keyless system on our 09 SE. I dont think the SE came from the factory with keyless. If your FOB does not have buttons on it, you do not have keyless from the factory and you will need to install "everything" as the dealer advises. I got my aftermarket one installed for @$100 from best buy.