Rental Car

Lobitz68

So I took my DJ in to have the aftermarket remote starter and the molded cargo tray installed today by the dealer. After the nearly 2 hour drive to the dealer (due to a snow storm leaving 13" of snow all over the freeway) I finally get there and they get me into my rental for the day. The dealer is a Dodge, Kia, Chevrolet dealer, so they give me a 2014 Cruze. WOW... What a POS!!! It amazes me that they are even able to sell these things... I could literally probably run faster than this car until it gets into 3rd gear and it feels like a pile. My wife drives a 2012 Avenger SE, similar in that it is Dodge's bottom of the line car, and it puts this Cruze to so much shame that it is shocking... Man I missed my DJ before I even left the parking lot...

Dodge, Kia, Chevrolet?? Man thats a strange combination.....never thought Dodge and Chevy would team up....

It's a volume dealer... Technically they all have their own buildings and sales force, but it is on the same lot and they share a service center... There are a lot of dealers in MN like that. One family will own several different brands and put them in the same "auto mall" or lot... Really, all dealerships are private businesses, so it doesn't seem too odd to me.

I would have much rather gotten one of the Kia's rather than this Cruze... They are actually VERY nice. I'd never really seen one up close until I bought my DJ and was killing time between paperwork at the dealer...

Poor Chevy has been through Hell lately. And to top it off, last month the Ram sold more units than the Chevy Silverado (not including the GMC Sierra). I think Chevy's reign of being the top dawg are coming to an end. Plus, their lineup needs some updating. There cars have looked the same for way to long and they cost way to much for what you get, IMO.

Poor Chevy has been through Hell lately. And to top it off, last month the Ram sold more units than the Chevy Silverado (not including the GMC Sierra). I think Chevy's reign of being the top dawg are coming to an end. Plus, their lineup needs some updating. There cars have looked the same for way to long and they cost way to much for what you get, IMO.

Yeah, it's crazy how much more they are for the same or less vehicle as their competitors... That being said, a lot of people are loyal to the brand and will continue to buy them regardless.