8.4N software upgrade

Are there any updates? I don't know that I've had any software updates for my uconnect besides the iPod playlist update that could be downloaded from the Chrysler site.

Peace.

This TSB came out a month ago - the issues that it is designed to correct are listed. If you have any of the listed symptoms, then you might consider having it updated:

SUBJECT:

RB5 RE2 RE6 RB6 RE3 RB4 Radio Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This Bulletin involves updating the radio's software.

MODELS:

2011-2012 (JC) Journey

2011-2012 (LD) Charger

2011-2012 (LX) 300

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before July 02, 2012 (MDH

0702XX) equipped with one of the following radios:

•

UConnect Touch 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3/NAV (sales code RB5)

•

UConnect Touch 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3 (sales code RE2)

•

UConnect Touch 8.4N CD/DVD/MP3/NAV (sales code RB4)

•

UConnect Touch 8.4n CD/DVD/MP3/NAV (sales code RB6)

•

UConnect Touch 8.4N CD/DVD/MP3 (sales code RE3)

•

UConnect Touch 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3 (sales code RE6)

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

A customer may experience one or move of the following:

·

Fuel Station Routing issues.

·

Heated Seat Greyed Out.

·

Navigation Icon going backwards.

·

Map Checksum Error.

DIAGNOSIS:

If the customer describes the symptom, perform the Repair Procedure.

PARTS REQUIRED:

Qty. Part No. Description

1 (AR) 68240594AA Update Disc, 2011 Chrysler (S/W 13/23/19)

1 (AR) 68236602AA Update Disc, 2011 Dodge (S/W 13/23/19)

1 (AR) 68236599AA Update Disc, 2012 (S/W 13/41/42)

NUMBER:

08-028-14

GROUP:

Electrical

DATE:

March 07, 2014

Thank you Journeyman. You rock. I have had the fuel station routing problem through my Sirius Travel Link all this time. Is this the problem that the TSB will address? Never thought to bring it up to my service folks, I just thought the gas stations moved or changed names or something. Glad they came out with this TSB. Even if I did mention the problem, the service tech would not have had any way to address this problem until last month anyway. The last place you want to be is lost when you need gas!!

Peace.

This is very interesting indeed. I just experienced the "no sound" issue that many in this forum have complained about. I find it peculiar that Dodge just doesn't release an upgrade to repair all known issues rather than these ad-hoc releases. I just upgraded through USB the software released for UConnect last year, but it looks like some things are still lacking.

What makes it even more frustrating is when the end user is more informed about these issues than the folks at the dealership. The only thing that's free at a dealership is a blank stare.

This is very interesting indeed. I just experienced the "no sound" issue that many in this forum have complained about. I find it peculiar that Dodge just doesn't release an upgrade to repair all known issues rather than these ad-hoc releases.

The software level and feature content varies between model years and trim levels. This is why there isn't a blanket upgrade to correct certain performance issues with electronics. And not everyone experiences issues with their electronics. Mine have worked perfectly since day one, but since I work for a dealer I updated my software to the latest release anyway since I had the disc and a few minutes to kill while waiting for my youngest son's baseball practice to end.

You can check if your 8.4/8.4N software qualifies for an update here:

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do