Dodge dual stripes

Has anybody put the dual Dodge stripes on their Journey? I'm going to get flat red stripes, and kind of wanted to see if other people put any on and where abouts? Any pics will be appreciated. The dual stripes that go on the driver side fender and hood. Thanks.

Edited by Journey Dude

I believe they are referred to as "war stripes"... Kind of like the paint a Native American would put on their faces before battle... I have not seen them on a DJ but was thinking about putting some flat black ones on my black DJ. If you pull the trigger please post pics.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the wife likes it, its good with me. It's here car, lol. Going to dip the stock wheels and add gloss enhancer next.

I hope the Dip works for you. Ive used it on different parts and it looked great at first but it chips and peels easy. Dipping wheels I would think with rocks from the road would chip them fast. Good Luck and I hope im wrong for your sake.

Was going to powder coat, but dipping can be removed, and change color if wanted. My brother went to talk to Fonzie, at dip my car down south FL.They have a whole car and wheels 3 years running dipped. And for $50 I'll give it a try, but thanks for that info.

Was going to powder coat, but dipping can be removed, and change color if wanted. My brother went to talk to Fonzie, at dip my car down south FL.They have a whole car and wheels 3 years running dipped. And for $50 I'll give it a try, but thanks for that info.

The problem is that most people don't put it on thick enough. It gets good coverage so people assume that it is thick enough when the color looks good. Not the case. Thicker is better and prep is KEY. Maybe some red calipers too while you're at it? Would match the war stripes nicely...

Edited by Lobitz68

Hypothetical question.....why do people go out of their way to put emblems and names of a a manufacturer on a car that wasn't given to them for free? I can understand if you won the car and have to do free advertising for them

I see this a lot...someone will write dodge in big letter on the back window of a car.....I can bloody well see that.

One of the first thing I did was rip off the licence plate holder the dealer put on the car

Yes it pisses my dealer off when I remove their advertising plate

frame to put my Lexan protective cover over my plates , I have

had specialty (hamradio callsign) plates since 1982 and they are

still in reasonable shape.

First thing I do is take off the dealer specific emblems, plaques and/or license plate frames. The dealer gets no free advertising from me, the vehicle, on the other hand, I like to customize my ride as much as the next guy. Modding is fun. I have 4 other vehicles I am currently doing different things with. The DJ I'M leaving alone for now because, like cskmom aludes to, I don't technically "own" it. I did buy a neat Mopar sticker for the rear window. And I know, since this is technically the wifes car, we will be trading it in 3-4 years (mama like a new car every few years) so I don't do much to her cars. Mine on the other hand....I can sink some serious money into modding my personal vehicles. Appearance and performance wise. It's all personal preference. I'm a gear head and I'm probably one of the few still left that feels my ride is an extension of me. Therefore I like to make it unique to me. Just not the DJ, since I don't drive it on a regular basis.

Hypothetical question.....why do people go out of their way to put emblems and names of a a manufacturer on a car that wasn't given to them for free? I can understand if you won the car and have to do free advertising for them

I see this a lot...someone will write dodge in big letter on the back window of a car.....I can bloody well see that.

One of the first thing I did was rip off the licence plate holder the dealer put on the car

Its just personal preference. I can understand what your saying when it comes to Auto Manufacture Names Like Dodge, Chevy, ect but when it comes to dealer stripes like the Dodge/Mopar ones in my opinion looks good. When you watch NASCAR you see the cars with all the advertisements on the cars and it looks good. I know they do it cause they have to because its their sponsors but it still looks good. So its kinda the same thing.

Its just personal preference. I can understand what your saying when it comes to Auto Manufacture Names Like Dodge, Chevy, ect but when it comes to dealer stripes like the Dodge/Mopar ones in my opinion looks good. When you watch NASCAR you see the cars with all the advertisements on the cars and it looks good. I know they do it cause they have to because its their sponsors but it still looks good. So its kinda the same thing.

No it's not! Am going to say this anyway...NASCAR fans aren't exactly F1 fans (the camp I belong to) LOL

Monaco v Indiana? I know which one most people outside of North America will choose :-) Those Nascar cars look fugly, and the folks on the road that drive Monte Carlos trying to look like Nascar drivers aren't too far off :-)

I grew up in England so pardon me :-)

No it's not! Am going to say this anyway...NASCAR fans aren't exactly F1 fans (the camp I belong to) LOL

Monaco v Indiana? I know which one most people outside of North America will choose :-) Those Nascar cars look fugly, and the folks on the road that drive Monte Carlos trying to look like Nascar drivers aren't too far off :-)

No denying that! We love our beer and barbecue. You can keep your wine and cheese..... ;)

Its just Opinion but all good.

I agree with you guys. I've owned dozen or more vehicles, modding is fun, and like to be different. But yes first thing I do before I leave the dealership is take off all the dealer stickers and plate frames right in front of them too! But as far as the stripes or adding Mopar decals, and such. Dodge vehicles have been very good to me. For instance my Stage 3 SRT4, has never let me down and stranded, and has beat a Camaros, mustangs, and a vet, not to mention imports as well, for that proud to put on decals and Mopar items, and say its a Neon, lol.

In the few months we owned the Journey, and already put 6k miles on it, and gets 22-26 mpg, it deserves a few mods, I get attached to vehicles, and after a while they are named once they earn their place in the stable, ha I know I'm a car nut.

I agree with you guys. I've owned dozen or more vehicles, modding is fun, and like to be different. But yes first thing I do before I leave the dealership is take off all the dealer stickers and plate frames right in front of them too! But as far as the stripes or adding Mopar decals, and such. Dodge vehicles have been very good to me. For instance my Stage 3 SRT4, has never let me down and stranded, and has beat a Camaros, mustangs, and a vet, not to mention imports as well, for that proud to put on decals and Mopar items, and say its a Neon, lol.

In the few months we owned the Journey, and already put 6k miles on it, and gets 22-26 mpg, it deserves a few mods, I get attached to vehicles, and after a while they are named once they earn their place in the stable, ha I know I'm a car nut.

hopefully your "naming" is more original and fun i.e. that you put effort into it, as opposed to "Sue", Bett", Bob", "Bernie", "Bubba"? LOL