Blacktop headlamps

I will be doing this in order to complete a projector retrofit and HID install, but you can always buy an aftermarket headlight assembly like a TYC and take it apart and paint it... It's really not difficult at all, you just need to be sure to get it resealed properly...

Ive done lots of research on this and I haven't found anyone selling them other than occasionally at a salvage yard or private seller on ebay. I did find a place online www.blackflamecustoms.com Ive talked to them and they are very knowledgeable in this process. My lights are at their shop right now getting done. Ill post some pictures when I get them back.

Ive done lots of research on this and I haven't found anyone selling them other than occasionally at a salvage yard or private seller on ebay. I did find a place online www.blackflamecustoms.com Ive talked to them and they are very knowledgeable in this process. My lights are at their shop right now getting done. Ill post some pictures when I get them back.

These guys do great work, but I can't get myself to pay someone what they charge for such an easy process. Looking forward to the pics for sure... Did you just get them painted or did you get other mods done to them too?

These guys do great work, but I can't get myself to pay someone what they charge for such an easy process. Looking forward to the pics for sure... Did you just get them painted or did you get other mods done to them too?

The process is easy if you watch a video of it on you tube however 2 things might become an issue. 1.The paint may not stick to the chrome clad so you would need to make sure the paint process is done correctly. 2.Putting the lights back together is easy but making sure they are completely sealed may be difficult for some people. This is why I wanted to have it done by a professional.

No im not having them do anything else to my lights. Ive already done an HID conversion myself. I thought about having Halo's or projection done also but that is way to pricy for me.

The process is easy if you watch a video of it on you tube however 2 things might become an issue. 1.The paint may not stick to the chrome clad so you would need to make sure the paint process is done correctly. 2.Putting the lights back together is easy but making sure they are completely sealed may be difficult for some people. This is why I wanted to have it done by a professional.

No im not having them do anything else to my lights. Ive already done an HID conversion myself. I thought about having Halo's or projection done also but that is way to pricy for me.

Definitely not something you should do if you're not sure of the process... I always buy and extra set of lights to allow me to keep my OEMs for trade in, or if there are issues (I can also take my time doing the retrofit)...

The black will really tie in your front end to the rest of the vehicle. It's gonna look NICE.

Edited by Lobitz68

Is anyone on here interested in blacking out headlights, or doing halo retrofits to make some money? I may be interested in getting mine done if so!

There's plenty of retrofitters on the web. Some are pricey, other not so. I would be very suspicious if smb suggest to retrofit cheaply.

Is anyone on here interested in blacking out headlights, or doing halo retrofits to make some money? I may be interested in getting mine done if so!

It's too much work to make a profit unless you charge what the pros are charging. At that point, you may as well have someone with a good reputation do it... I have done retrofits on several different vehicles and have torn numerous sets apart for friends to paint. It really isn't that difficult at all. If you are serious about getting some I would suggest getting a nice pair of aftermarket lights (TYC is a very good brand) and doing it yourself. If you are just painting them you should be able to get in done in a weekend. I can't say for sure about the Journey's, but most newer Chrysler vehicles use and adhesive called permaseal on their lights which is a bit harder to work with, where the TYC's use a much easier to work with adhesive. Buying another set also allows you to take your time with the mod (always provides a better finished product) and gives you a back up pair in case you don't get them sealed up right the first time and need to redo the seal. This really is a very easy mod if you take your time and do your research... DO IT!