AVP to SE conversion

I've got an interesting question... I've got a 2012 American Value Package and I'm wondering if anyone has "converted" it to an SE trim by adding tint, side rails, and LED taillights??

I'm looking to trade in the car and this would significantly increase it's trade in value. The reason why I think this question is relevent is because when I check the VIN of my car, it comes up as an SE trim already (it just lacks those added features)...

Any imput would be much appreciated!!

I'm thinking the cost of those items will likely outweigh any return in value that you would see... OEM items are ungodly expensive...

I don't know. The trade in would be increased by $2000. I've already got a factory looking tint, the roof rack has an MSRP of $244 at MOPAR (http://www.mopar.com/part/82211460?s=337949&i=1991385&b=dodge) and I would think the taillights could be done pretty easily...

Seeing how your car is AVP from factory, adding items to make it appear to be an SE would be considered "modifications" come trade time. The VIN would still state it is an SE and they will base the trade on the original model designation, not the modifications or add-ons done to make it look like another trim level.

The trim level is buried in the vin. The last 6 digits are used to identify a specific (your) vehicle within the broader year/make/model class. It's like a serial number. Specific to YOUR vehicle.

No dealer is going to give you $2000 more than it's worth just because you added some stuff to it. Put yourself in a buyers shoes. Would you pay more for it if you were in the market knowing it did not come from the factory that way but the previous owner added the stuff himself and commanded a higher price just because it "looks" like and SE?

Owner added mods dont add to the vehicles value for the investment involved. For example, I had a 2005 Dodge Dakota, Laramie package, 4.7L, 4x4, crew cab. I modded the h3ll out of that truck, tuned engine, e-fan, lifted, bigger tires, cat back exhaust, etc. Even so far as to debadge and add R/T emblems to make it look like an R/T model (even though there was no R/T model offered in 05, still looked cool though : ) In the end, it was still a Dodge Dakota, Laramie package, 4.7L 4X4. The (literally thousands of dollars) in mods I made to it meant nothing to the buyer who bought her.

Now, if you do make the changes and then sell it yourself, you may convince some uneducated buyer that it is indeed and SE instead of an AVP, but thats up to you.

All I'm trying to say is, you can add the SE trim level things to it, but your still stuck with the AVP.

Edited by jkeaton

also i dont know how pricing is in the u.s but in canada each section of the led tails is worth $250-$300 and there are 4 pieces

Where did you find the led tails? I live in Canada and have a 2014 cvp and would love to get the leds

Ebay, Amazon, Dealer, etc. Google is your friend when it comes to finding things.

jkeaton I've looked everywhere but the dealer and sadly cant find anything :(

When it warms up here maybe ill head to the wreckers and see what i can find

Edited by ACMMFF