Just got a 2009 Journey SX as a company vehicle it has the 6 disk player with Sirius radio, I can find out no information as to how long this thing is going to work before some signup is required.

Did you get the Journey new? Is the Sirius radio working now?

It sounds like you received this car from your company and the Sirius radio is working but you don't know when the Sirius was activated. As you probably know, you get Sirius free for 1 year from the date you active the radio on a new vehicle. I would call Sirius. If you tell them your ID/ESN number from your radio Sirius should be able to give you that information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Can you guys clarify some Sirius things?

Our new 2010 comes with the Sirius up and running. Wife's been enjoying it greatly.

Should I "activate it"? If I do, does this start the 1 year clock?

Can I run as is until it no longer works and then call to activate it?

If I activate it, can I use Sirius online and listen at any computer?

Thoughts, benefits to leaving as is or signing up?

My subscription was activated by my dealer, about three weeks after I took delivery of my car I received a package in the mail from Sirius/XM. It was a welcome package with channel guide and an offer to add a year up front at a reduced price. So if the dealer does what they are suppose to do then Sirius already knows and you've been activted (my radio worked the day I drove it off the lot).

As a side note I have a buddy who bought his Journey the same month I bought mine (back in June) and his Sirius stopped working about three weeks ago (he only had the preview channel). So he called them up and they reactivated his radio and told him he would have free service for one year from that new date.

As far as the on-line service, I think you have to pay a few bucks extra for that even if you have a paid subscription, but don't quote me on that.

I ordered my Journey and Sirius was already activated when we picked it up, the free year runs from date of activation. Our dealer, however, never relayed any info to Sirius. I expected something from them in the mail and after a few months of nothing I called them. We already had our own Sirius account but we couldn't transfer it until the free year was up so I made a note on the calendar. Then I just called them and they switched it over to our existing account.

As for internet radio, it used to be included in your regular subscription but they made some changes last Jan or Feb. If you had an existing account you kept free internet radio until your next renewal. At that point you have to start paying for it, $2.99/mo I think. All new accounts must pay the extra too. FYI: paying for that monthly access also allows you to use the Sirius app on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

• 4 months later...