Dash Cams...Anybody have one?

Been looking at these...they can come in handy. There are many chinese brands on ebay and there is a company called DOD that has a store in the greater Toronto area where you can purchase their brand. They have good reviews

But I also found this one below at Canada computers...way cheaper

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=37_1251&item_id=062200

DOD Brand

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=37_1251&item_id=066907

Edited by cskmom

Wow....save your money....I got this one off amazon. Less that $20 and it works great. I got a 32 g sd card for it. Pop the card out and stick it in my pc for downloads. It's good enough to protect me. You wont pick out hairs on an ants butt, but you will be able to defend yourself when the idiot beside you decides to change lanes without looking.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053DDNW6/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by jkeaton

Wow....save your money....I got this one off amazon. Less that $20 and it works great. I got a 32 g sd card for it. Pop the card out and stick it in my pc for downloads. It's good enough to protect me. You wont pick out hairs on an ants butt, but you will be able to defend yourself when the idiot beside you decides to change lanes without looking.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053DDNW6/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll like to hear your review of it and pictures if possible? How did you decide on this one?

My review is as follows: Setup can be improved, as the included directions are somewhat confusing because it's translated. A quick google search turned up others who have this that explains how to set it up. You can select either 2,3 ,5 or 10 minute lengths for the video files. I have it set for 3 minutes. Meaning it records 3 minute clips. If the card gets full, it just overwrites the first and starts over. Honestly, once I got it configured and mounted, I never worry about it. It starts recording on its own, so no operator interaction is involved. Set it and forget it kind of thing. Is it top quality? No, is it a good entry level dash cam for someone new to dash cam scene. Yes. I read all the reviews on this particular one. Most people complained about the instructions or lack of quality on the units display. Others complain how "cheap" it feels (well, duh, it's only $20 : ) I use the display only to get it aimed correctly, if I want to review a recorded video, I pop the card out and watch it on a PC. I suggest you read all the reviews. It works great for me and for $20, it works just fine for my needs. I will try and get a video posted up later.

• 4 months later...

hell that's pretty sick, less than 20 bucks for a dvr, now im deffinly getting one, esspesialy for the jack wads that drive where I live..... hell might get 2 of them and mount one in the back that way if some idiot rams me from the rear they will be on vid, and will make a claim a hell of a lot faster, just email the vid to insurance and done son hahahahaha

hell that's pretty sick, less than 20 bucks for a dvr, now im deffinly getting one, esspesialy for the jack wads that drive where I live..... hell might get 2 of them and mount one in the back that way if some idiot rams me from the rear they will be on vid, and will make a claim a hell of a lot faster, just email the vid to insurance and done son hahahahaha

I'll suggest you get 4.....2 for each side of the car also......to catch the silly buggers that might try to come at ya from the sides :drool: