Oil

Jackie Block

I have an 09 journey RT. I can't find my owners manual but I was pretty sure the maximum recommended indication for oil change was 10 000 km and the recommended is around 7000; please correct me if I'm wrong. I just got my oil changed today because the oil change indicator came on and my oil was very low (below the safe line). I wasn't even at 5000 km since my last oil change!!! I do just about all city driving. The dealership did an oil consumption test last time and thought my oil consumption was completely reasonable. Thoughts please.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with jkeaton. Check your oil more frequently. Keep an extra qt of oil in the back. Top off when needed & never exceed 5,000-6,000 miles per oil change. A dealer told me I could go 10,000 before changing the oil. With the newer, better oils than those of years past you can now. Well, even if I hated my car I would never go that far before changing. I depend and at times ask to much of them to ever so that... Just my $.02