Rear shocks leaking

radame

Hello

I took the vehicle to the dealer last week for normal service, then they told me both rear shocks are leaking.

So far there are no unusual noises or “feeling” while driving…, driving conditions are normal on pavement and highway, the vehicle has around 47000 Km (29204 miles).

Does anyone know how much mileage the socks should have to be covered by warranty??

Dealer told me shocks are NOT covered after 40000 Km (24854 miles)…..

Any help on this will be appreciated

Shocks should not be leaking with that many miles and should be covered by warranty. The 3 year, 36000 miles is bumper to bumper. I would argue this point with the dealer who is trying to say they are not covered. Unless you are like taking it off road and doing jumps and stuff..... :lol:

Edited by jkeaton

• Official Dodge Support

Hello

I took the vehicle to the dealer last week for normal service, then they told me both rear shocks are leaking.

So far there are no unusual noises or “feeling” while driving…, driving conditions are normal on pavement and highway, the vehicle has around 47000 Km (29204 miles).

Does anyone know how much mileage the socks should have to be covered by warranty??

Dealer told me shocks are NOT covered after 40000 Km (24854 miles)…..

Any help on this will be appreciated

radame,

If a defect has been identified, the basic warranty (3/60 in Canada - 3/36 in USA) will certainly be applied to either the repair or replacement of these components.

You mentioned KMS so I'd assume you're in Canada, which means your coverage is up to 60,000 kms not 40,000kms. I would bring this to the attention of management at the dealer before you pay.

Keep us posted if any additional assistance is required.

Thanks to all for your replies

....Unless you are like taking it off road and doing jumps and stuff..... :lol:

:shift: , indeed I'm a fourwheeler but I usually use my jeep... :lol:

radame,

If a defect has been identified, the basic warranty (3/60 in Canada - 3/36 in USA) will certainly be applied to either the repair or replacement of these components.

You mentioned KMS so I'd assume you're in Canada, which means your coverage is up to 60,000 kms not 40,000kms. I would bring this to the attention of management at the dealer before you pay.

Keep us posted if any additional assistance is required.

Nop, I'm in Mexico, I'll try with another dealer and I will also ask some of my friends from Chrsyler Mexico assembly plant to get the detailed info.

I'll keep you all informed about this.

Thanks again!!

Edited by radame

• Official Dodge Support

Thanks to all for your replies

:shift: , indeed I'm a fourwheeler but I usually use my jeep... :lol:

Nop, I'm in Mexico, I'll try with another dealer and I will also ask some of my friends from Chrsyler Mexico assembly plant to get the detailed info.

I'll keep you all informed about this.

Thanks again!!

radame,

Thanks for the update, I would be getting it to another dealer like you said.

Take care, we'll wait to hear back with any news.

Gracias