Not new anymore...

wingit11

Wife was out shopping today and while turning left at a traffic light a pick-up with 30 foot RV was unable to stop on the icy road and hit the rear left corner of the bumper (2013 DJ Crew). Fortunately at this point it looks like it is just the plastic bumper shroud needs to be replaced. Does not look like any actual body damage. Side benefit, the small scratch we had the bumper will be gone. Man who hit us was on his way south for the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife was out shopping today and while turning left at a traffic light a pick-up with 30 foot RV was unable to stop on the icy road and hit the rear left corner of the bumper (2013 DJ Crew). Fortunately at this point it looks like it is just the plastic bumper shroud needs to be replaced. Does not look like any actual body damage. Side benefit, the small scratch we had the bumper will be gone. Man who hit us was on his way south for the winter.

gawd Winter thats still too bad can be fixed and at least everyones okay

Gee....another vehicle that does not handle well on icy roads??? I though it was only the DJ AWD that could not handle ice.... ;)

With all due respect, I realize you do have some experience driving here when you visit Olds, Alberta, Why do say the AWD Journey does not handle ice very well. Actually I rather doubt that you really understand what icy roads are, considering where you live. ;)Just teasing you......I have a AWD DJ and IMO it is a lifesaver. I live in the heart of the Canadian Prairies where unfortunately and I don't like admitting to it, it is cold and icy at least 5 months of the year and snow and ice are just a fact of life.. At least in my case (other's may differ) AWD has been a very important cog in my life.

Terry

146733255.jpg

Edited by Windancer

With all due respect, I realize you do have some experience driving here when you visit Olds, Alberta, Why do say the AWD Journey does not handle ice very well. Actually I rather doubt that you really understand what icy roads are, considering where you live. ;)Just teasing you......I have a AWD DJ and IMO it is a lifesaver. I live in the heart of the Canadian Prairies where unfortunately and I don't like admitting to it, it is cold and icy at least 5 months of the year and snow and ice are just a fact of life.. At least in my case (other's may differ) AWD has been a very important cog in my life.

Terry

I was joking myself....tons of threads where people complain how their AWD DJ is horrible in the ice.

• 5 weeks later...

We only have the FWD and am very happy with how it handles in winter conditions. Very different story with the stock Kumos however. But with the Hankook winter tires have not had many issues. Only when it gets really deep do I have issues but then any vehicle would in that situation. I have spent most of my life driving winter roads up here in the Great White North and the best tool for winter driving sits on top of your shoulders. Use your head and drive according to conditions and should not have too many problems. Also, know when you should not even try to drive when it gets really bad.

PS: Got the DJ out of the body shop last week and all is good again. :lol:

Edited by wingit11