Uconnect 4.3 problems

• Official Dodge Support

Our radio has just started this. when we go to satelite radio it sticks on aquiring signal, try to go to cd or radio and it plays for about 5 seconds then returns to satelite aquiring signal. Has anyone else had this issue

uttmac,

I've never heard of this issue exactly, I did a quick search and found flash updates that address similar concerns with the Uconnect 4.3 system.

Have you had a chance to take it to your servicing Dodge dealer for an inspection?

Does this happen each time you select the satellite function or is it intermittent?

Keep the thread updated if you can when you have more details.

I purchased a 2013 SXT last week and I started having issues with my 4.3S yesterday also. Mine is pretty much stuck on the satellite radio updating screen. If I switch to fm radio I can listen but after about 20-30 seconds the screen will freeze but continue to play music. The only way is to turn off the vehicle and wait for it to power down. If you happen to learn something at the dealership please let me know so I can get mine fixed also.

thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Thread necro, but wanted to give a +1 to the fuse trick. There was some sort of two week free trial (that just activated, we did not request this) and this issue just arose on my wife's 2013 DJ. Said she was just driving down the road and bam went to this acquiring signal BS. Any buttons you push quickly revert back to this Acquiring signal screen. I called sirius and they said the only way to send an activation signal was to resubscribe. I was like, what. You've pretty much taken over this interface because it was tuned to XM when the service ended.

On a side note the fuse box is damn near impossible for your average sized 'Merican to get at. I must have looked like a fool laying on my back with my foot stuck up on the door to get my head under the glovebox to see the dumb fusebox.

Overall this DJ has been a reasonable vehicle but this issue really sours me on UConnect and Dodge. Getting locked out of functionality of MY vehicle because some free trial I never signed up for ended is borderline criminal in my book.

Thread necro, but wanted to give a +1 to the fuse trick. There was some sort of two week free trial (that just activated, we did not request this) and this issue just arose on my wife's 2013 DJ. Said she was just driving down the road and bam went to this acquiring signal BS. Any buttons you push quickly revert back to this Acquiring signal screen. I called sirius and they said the only way to send an activation signal was to resubscribe. I was like, what. You've pretty much taken over this interface because it was tuned to XM when the service ended.

On a side note the fuse box is damn near impossible for your average sized 'Merican to get at. I must have looked like a fool laying on my back with my foot stuck up on the door to get my head under the glovebox to see the dumb fusebox.

Overall this DJ has been a reasonable vehicle but this issue really sours me on UConnect and Dodge. Getting locked out of functionality of MY vehicle because some free trial I never signed up for ended is borderline criminal in my book.

The floor area of the front seat of this is pretty big. Try changing the cabin air filter in an '06 Mazda 3. Half the dash needs to be taken apart. The Journey a modern vehicle - you aren't supposed to fix ANYTHING on your own. You're supposed to the "dumb 'Merican" who just pays anyone anything they want so you don't have to deal with your own problems.

It is a little ridiculous that you have to reboot the radio to get it to ignore something you didn't ask for in the first place.