New Blizzak Tires

DTSGUY

I just bought a set of New Blizzak DM-V1 235/55/19's so far they are fantastic, they have lots of grip in the snow here in Colorado. Ive read some reviews and the only bad thing is they wear out quickly when the weather is above 45 degrees. I plan on putting my all Kumho's back on when it gets warmer.

Edited by DTSGUY

Yes they wear fast on dry roads but they're worth it, don't forget to rotate them each winter. Great traction and the braking is fantastic, I love these tires. Me I opted for the Blizzak WS-70 225/65R17 for winter

I have the same tires, great in winter. No problems so far after one winter.

You do not need 19" wheels for winters. 17 or 18 inch will also fit and tires will be much cheaper. Any tire installer can get the steel rims for you at around $60-$70 each. You can also get the TPMS yourself and save some money. I got mine on E-bay. Under $70 for 4 shipped to my house (Dealer wanted $110 each!!!).

I just installed 4 winters and I found a set of 4 Journey wheels on Kijiji for $200. I had to look for a while, but they do pop up.

TPMS: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161175334142

Edited by FROGBOX

I went on a trip to Peterborough this weekend in the snow and was happy with how they performed. MUCH better than the Kumhos. Last winter was a nightmare. My wife got stuck several times with them, so I promised to put winter tires on her Journey this year.

I found the tires & rims on Kijiji. $350 for the tires and $200 for the rims. Add $70 for the TPMS's and $100 for the install & balance, the total came to $720. The tires were only used 1 season and still had about 90% tread left and the rims were 19" alloys, so I was very lucky to find the combination.

In your case, since you are so close to the border, just cross over and buy tires in the States. Visit www.discounttiredirect.com for some really good prices. They will ship to an installer in Detroit and you can save hundreds of $$$.

My Caravan has the factory Yokohama tires and while they performed great in Nevada, in Michigan, not too much.

I'm glad to see some reviews on these Blizzak tires and need to do something.

My wife is my North of Toronto and we go there often, so I'm not thrilled about going there this weekend without some type of snow tire.

My Caravan has the factory Yokohama tires and while they performed great in Nevada, in Michigan, not too much.

I'm glad to see some reviews on these Blizzak tires and need to do something.

My wife is my North of Toronto and we go there often, so I'm not thrilled about going there this weekend without some type of snow tire.

Be safe on your trip, we have a bad storm heading our way. Freezing rain, snow and who knows what in the Toronto area.

Boys Im thinking of putting winter tires as well...My vehicle has the tpms sensor how can I find 19inch steel rims with tpms sensor any ideas?

What did the tires cost you if you dont mind me asking installed balanced whole nine yards?

You don't need 19'' in winter. 17'' will do and they're much cheaper. Bought my steel rims at Canadian Tires for 64$ each. The Blizzak at Costco for 159.99$ each and got them installed at my local mechanic for 50$.

Hey Ric04SIR with your winter tires do you have the TPMS or no? My vehicle comes with the TPMS that tells me my tire pressure readings

I have TPMS on my original 19'' set but for my winter set I did'nt put TPMS. You'll have a tire pressure warning the first time but it went off after a while. I don't want to use my blacktop wheels in winter. I use 225/65 R17 for my winter tire, almost the same in size as the 225/55 R19 but much cheaper

Edited by Ric04SiR

You don't need 19'' in winter. 17'' will do and they're much cheaper. Bought my steel rims at Canadian Tires for 64$ each. The Blizzak at Costco for 159.99$ each and got them installed at my local mechanic for 50$.

And till january 5 2014 at Costco you have $70 off any set of 4 Bridgestone tires and an additionnal $40 for the installation. Costco charged $15 per tire for the installation normally but with the rebate it will cost only $20 total.

Edited by Ric04SiR

• 2 months later...

I have TPMS on my original 19'' set but for my winter set I did'nt put TPMS. You'll have a tire pressure warning the first time but it went off after a while. I don't want to use my blacktop wheels in winter. I use 225/65 R17 for my winter tire, almost the same in size as the 225/55 R19 but much cheaper

Hello guys...I have the DJ CVP, is it a must to have the TPMS on the tyres if I swap the stock for new ones or put winter tyres on?