uconnect hands free system loading problem on DJ 2012 RT

Hi guys not sure if there is a topic about this but today I jumped into my car and my phone wouldn't connect. It has on the screen in the phone section "Hands free system loading" and is stuck like that... There is no VR either but everything else is working fine. Is there way to reset the system without having to disconnect the battery. A engineering software factory reset? I'd rather not have to travel to the dealer service agent if not needed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This same thing happened to me on my 2011 about a year ago. I went to the dealer and they did a "reset", but all my saved radio stations and such were gone, so I think their reset amounted to little more than a battery disconnect for 30 mins. Worked great after that. No problems since. I would try the battery disconnect first before traveling to the dealer. Good Luck.

Peace.

Hey redtomatoman Thanks for the info mate. I ended up disconnecting and reconnecting the negative from the battery for 10 minutes and it worked. It even kept all my radio settings. It only adjusted the equalizer back and the clock back to 12 which then adjusted itself after a few minutes back to the correct time using gps settings.

• 6 months later...

I am having similar problems with my 2013 Journey Crew. At first, when I started it would say, "No Disc" and I didn't have a disc in the CD player. Then, it would seem to work but at some point I did try to put a CD in and it got stuck. The dealer ended up putting in a new radio and everything worked for about a day and I had to reset my Serius Radio and now have a code to put in somewhere if the battery gets disconnected. Like I said, everything worked for a day and then the UConnect stopped. It just says, "Hands free system loading". I tried connecting my phone using a USB connection but it won't even recognize the USB. I am taking it to the dealer again today and they have said something about there being different modules so they need to probably order another module. I was on vacation and stopped at another dealer (this is under warranty) and they said there is a cliche in software for the system and Dodge has to send a fix. So, I have two different dealers offering two different possibilities. Any suggestions?

I would go back to the original dealer who replaced the unit and explain

your experience and at the same time call Chrysler customer service

hotline and open a file number on the problem.

It does sound like a software glitch and probably needs a system

reflash via StarScan dealer only system.

This same thing happened to me on my 2011 about a year ago. I went to the dealer and they did a "reset", but all my saved radio stations and such were gone, so I think their reset amounted to little more than a battery disconnect for 30 mins. Worked great after that. No problems since. I would try the battery disconnect first before traveling to the dealer. Good Luck.

Peace.

Yep, I took your advice on this and after reconnecting the negative, all was good. Kept my radio stations and all my settings but had to reset the time. Then, after I shut down and then restarted again the problem re-appeared!! :(

I am taking the car in for a service next week anyway but I am wary of this issue, without Bluetooth the car is useless to me (sounds bizarre but I travel a lot with work and am constantly using the phone and bluetooth audio.

I don't want to keep resetting the battery every time I drive :)))

• 6 years later...