Voice Command for Nav

It is my understanding that voice command for navigation is available for the 2014 models. Does anyone here have that functionality? If so, does it work well? I would love to have that in my R/T. I have the RB5 radio with Nav, BT, Voice Command, and Satellite Radio in my 2011 so I should have all the basic hardware if nothing has changed except the software. I wonder if I could update to the same software as the 2014 with the voice command navigation functionality? Anyone have an idea?

Peace.

redtomatoman

I have a 2011 Journey R/T with Nav and I have voice command. Before using voice command, I usually bring up the nav screen first. If I say home, it will calclulate the distance and the route with no problem. I can use the zoom in and zoom out command when needed. Give it a try, it's already there.

Today, I tried using the voice command with the FM stations showing, rather then going to nav first. Just said "home" and nav screen comes up.

As you are aware from my previous posts, I have been having with voice commands for my IPOD, we are now on the 7th radio, as none of them have solved the problem. So I asked if they could replace the software with what they have used in the 2013's, I was told that software is specific to a model year and not back compatible, nor can they replace the radio with one meant for a 2013.

Out of curiosity sake, it would be interesting if you would let us know when you try to see if you have the voice commands with your nav, if it works or not. I know that sometimes features differ between vehicles sold in the US and Canada eg: SXT available in US, but not Canada.

Tried the zoom command. Doesn't seem to work. Forgot about the "home" command. I'll try it when I remember. I have a feeling it will not work either. BTW, my iPod commands do not work. Had the VC TSB. Satellite and radio stations will change via voice now but nothing else. At least my phone commands work.

Peace.

Just a correction about SXT model availability in Canada. SXT is available but there is no option to order AWD like there is in the US.

My first nav screen would go blank, all the rest have not had that problem. Unfortunately, there have been other problems since. Current one is working fine. I know that turning the vehicle off then on would reset it, but one can not always pull over to do that, so that's why I wanted it replaced. If I was driving on at the freeway in LA, I wouldn't want that to happen, especially if my exit was few miles (or kilometers) away. To have to exit the freeway, especially if I was not in the proper lane, and then to find a place to pull over safely, would be a real pain.

When trying the zoom command, did you say just "zoom" or "zoom in" or "zoom out". I find that sometimes if there is a lot of ambient noise, I have to repeat my self, but not often.

That's the problem with having high tech in a vehicle, it can get kind of finicky. I knew that going in, but decided to take the chance, so can't get mad at the Journey as it happens with other vehicles also.

Regards

DoubleO7