Mygig Navigation Radio with UConnect - REP. UConnect not working

Hi All,

I am from Australia. Had Mygig Nav Radio with UConnect installed by the dealer. The UConnect and Voice recognition does not work. The other party can not hear me and the system does not respond to my voice. I have made nearly 12 trips to the dealer and had at least 3 separate units replaced without any resolution. Could anyone help me out here.

Thanks

Kumar

Please let me know what info I can provide.

More history. More of your observations. What has been added that was not original? What radio did you have? What radio do you have now? What has been checked? What has the dealer told you? What do you think the problem is? Any theory why the dealer has not fixed the problem. Have you demonstrated the problem to the dealer and they still don't or can't fix it? What did the dealer say when you told them you think your vehicle needs a microphone? Have you tried more than one dealer? Anything else important.

Peace.

If you didn't have VR b4 the new radio, then you don't have a built mic.

Maybe the dealer is thinking that the new my gig has the mic built in. They are wrong.

The nav mygig has Bluetooth built in as opposed as the other screen mygig's. but the mic isn't built in on any mygig's.

With the mygig's w/o nav, you need the Bluetooth modele, AND the mic.

The mygig w/nav, you only need to add a mic.

The mic is sold separately, there's even s kit you can buy online to add VR to the nav mygig.

When I bought DJ2010 SXT, it had AM/FM Radio with 6 Disc CD/DVD - REQ model. As an upgrade, I had the dealer put in REP Model MyGig Navigation Radio with UConnect. The rear view mirror does not have built in mic (sure about this) and neither is there a standalone --this is my contention and something that I have repeated several times with the dealer. Had my car checked out by another dealer and they told me that it needed to be rewired and agreed that there was no mic. They can not fix it because it is not a factory problem and they would have charged me to get it fixed. Conveyed this info to my dealer several times -- but they still do not believe there is no mic. Last week they told me that perhaps the mic was built into the unit itself ---I don't see how this is possible! The actual unit has been changed at least 3 times and the software upgraded several times also. After spending significant time scouring through various forums and sending off an email to Avondale Motors in USA, I managed to provide the microphone harness number 82211743AB. Despite this, they could not figure out where to plug it in despite the provision for 10 pins - I suspect and as advised by another dealer, the wiring needs to be re-done to accommodate the mic in the 10 pin slot. I am attaching some pictures ... hoping someone could provide me some instructions to rewire so that I could free up the 10 pin slot for mic. plugin.

Thanks n Appreciate all yr inputs.

post-6568-0-97296300-1380557497_thumb.jp

post-6568-0-38757600-1380557549_thumb.jp

post-6568-0-86114400-1380557604_thumb.jp

post-6568-0-42174200-1380557645_thumb.jp

In addition to my last post, the pinout on the original REQ radio is same as the MyGig Nav. i.e 22 pins (Grey) 10 pins (Mic) 22pins (VES). I also had an after market dvd player mounted on roof which can either be listened to via headphones or through FM radio. I am thinking that perhaps this DVD player is wired in the MIC slot and if this could be rewired with the 22 pin grey slot, then it could leave the 10 pin for simple mic plug-in.

What are your thoughts?

Idk what's connected on the middle plug, on your car. If the overhead DVD plays sound thru the FM stations, then it's an FM modulator, not hard wired.

I just did a search on eBay " mygig mic ". Got s few hits, has all the required parts, less than 50$, and be done with the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Please help - I bought a brand new dodge journey last june. for about 6 months my uconnect worked great! then all of a sudden it will not recognize voice commands. I can still use bluetooth (talk through speakers) but I have to manually dial everything on my phone and when calling my contacts info always shows up as unknown on the screen. The dealership says that it is my phone, however I have recently bought a new phone (that is listed as compatible with uconnect) and it still isn't working. please help!!!!!!

thanks! :)