8.4N won't connect to iPhone

Tried that today. A) I can't even start the pairing process because I am locked out of the settings on the uconnect (on the phone screen everything is grayed out and via the settings when i hit it the "phone/bluetooth" highlights but doesnt open the next screen) and B) my phone won't even discover the uconnect. I also tried my wife's iPhone and hers can't find it either.

I also noticed today that the vehicles voice recognition isn't working either.

Edited by lytefall

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They replaced the whole radio and nothing was fixed. They had to order me a new hands free module. Put it in yesterday and everything is back to normal now. They also found some faulty wiring going into the module that they had to repair.

I am now having intermittent moments where I get no sound from any source. If I switch sources or turn the car off and back on, the sound comes back. I hate electrical gremlins.

Dealer said they have been seeing nothing but problems with the 8.4 radio lately.

We just purchased an R/T with the 8.4N. My Blackberry 9800 paired fine and all contacts were loaded. However, we did not have much luck with my spouse's Motorola RAZR. it paired all right but no phonebook download. Apparently, we cannot just add in a few contacts; it appears to be all or nothing. We had a Dodge Caliber SRT4 and we could do either - add contacts or download a phonebook. Not sure why such a sophisticated system does not allow her to add just a few key contacts - annoying AND frustrating!

We just purchased an R/T with the 8.4N. My Blackberry 9800 paired fine and all contacts were loaded. However, we did not have much luck with my spouse's Motorola RAZR. it paired all right but no phonebook download.

Strange. My RAZR pairs fine with contacts. The other thing to do in lieu of having contacts is use the recent calls screen for dialing. Not sure if the VR will recognize the recent calls or not. I would un-pair the RAZR and attempt a re-pair of the phone.

Peace.

• Official Dodge Support

We just purchased an R/T with the 8.4N. My Blackberry 9800 paired fine and all contacts were loaded. However, we did not have much luck with my spouse's Motorola RAZR. it paired all right but no phonebook download. Apparently, we cannot just add in a few contacts; it appears to be all or nothing. We had a Dodge Caliber SRT4 and we could do either - add contacts or download a phonebook. Not sure why such a sophisticated system does not allow her to add just a few key contacts - annoying AND frustrating!

I haven't heard too many complaints about the RAZR, it was a fairly popular from what I understand.

retomatoman had a good point, try deleting the phone and pairing it again as this phone is compatible.

• 1 year later...