Chrome body side molding

I know Mopar sells the chrome bodyside molding for the Journey but have never seen one with them yet. I feel like the side of the car looks kind of plain and needs something and think this wold be perfect but I want to see one on someone's car. Has anyone on here installed them on their car? If so can you please post a picture? Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I had the chrome modyside moldings installed at the dealership before I took possesion of my RT. At the same time I had the 3M paint protection put on.

The moldings sure will add protection from shopping carts and door dings as well. And yes, they look spiffy.

I'll take some pictures tonight from home for you and pass them along. My computer at work is restrictive as to what we can up-and-down load.

Cheers,

Dave

• 10 months later...

I know Mopar sells the chrome bodyside molding for the Journey but have never seen one with them yet. I feel like the side of the car looks kind of plain and needs something and think this wold be perfect but I want to see one on someone's car. Has anyone on here installed them on their car? If so can you please post a picture? Thanks!!!

It is a dealer installed option and I had it done before I picked mine up. I think it is perfect and never see any other Journey's around here with one. Sticks well, no issues. Here is a pic.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_224/gallery_7129_224_112155.jpg

It is a dealer installed option and I had it done before I picked mine up. I think it is perfect and never see any other Journey's around here with one. Sticks well, no issues. Here is a pic.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_224/gallery_7129_224_112155.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Is that a flat spot on the molding on the right side of the rear door, or just an illusion from the photo? What did your dealer charge you?

Thanks for sharing. Is that a flat spot on the molding on the right side of the rear door, or just an illusion from the photo? What did your dealer charge you?

Yes that is a flat spot so that the molding doesn't hit and bind with the front door. Dealers charge $477. installed. Here is my local dealers online accessory list. .Prices are likely similar at other dealers in Canada.

http://v2.acc-mopar.ca/web/accessories.php?webaccess=39D7151&type=changeVeh&vehid=389&styleid=2129

Yes that is a flat spot so that the molding doesn't hit and bind with the front door.

That makes sense, I had a set that I ordered and had not opened yet. I checked with a couple shops today and they wanted in the $75-$100 range (U.S.) to install them. I decided to go ahead and put them on myself. It was easier than I thought, only took about 30-40 minutes. Since I am able to get parts at wholesale I am only out a couple hundred $.