hello i am new on this forum and i am from holland.

so dont tell me about my writing okee lol

i have a dodge journey now a cool and nice car

i had a chrysler grand voyager so i like cars from the u.s.a

i discovered that when you press the unlock key on the remote and pressing it again while holding it down makes the 2 front windows go down.

is there a way to make them go up again with the remote

greetings

Bas Laros

hello i am new on this forum and i am from holland.

so dont tell me about my writing okee lol

i have a dodge journey now a cool and nice car

i had a chrysler grand voyager so i like cars from the u.s.a

i discovered that when you press the unlock key on the remote and pressing it again while holding it down makes the 2 front windows go down.

is there a way to make them go up again with the remote

greetings

Bas Laros

That's cool, any other tricks? Sorry don't have an answer to your question.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this happens on my UK Journey, and was told it helps to vent the initial blast of hot air when left parked on a very sunny day..(no hope of that in the UK then!! LOL!!!)

you just let the windows go down when you approach the vehicle on a hot day, and it takes some of the sting out of the first blast you normally get when you open the door/s...

seems like a sensible idea to me!!!

Ok, I have the USA version Dodge Journey SXT 3.5L. Go out (if you have not done so) and press unlock button, then press and hold down the unlock button again untill the windows go down where you want them. It works, it really does,lol.

Never call the police to help you get your car unlocked if you lock your keys in the car. I made the mistake today and did call the police. They do not use a slim jim anymore, atleast not my local ones. He used a wedge shaped plastic piece and it scratched and chewed up the black trim on both front and back doors. Having the insurence look at it next week. Yes, it was bad enough for me to call them. My Journey is not even 1 month old yet.

Another thing the police use now is the wedge thing to spread the door just enough and then they place an air bag to spread the door farther to reach the door lock button with a small steel bar. Depending on how tight your door jam is sometimes they can spread it enough using their hands, then place the airbag in. They have done away with the slim jim due to all the electronics in the door panels and such with newer cars.

• 3 years later...

I just got a call my my facilities manager. She said that my windows were down and it was raining. Yes, I had been playing with my remote.

This quote from the manual explains it:

Remote Open Window Featuree

This feature allows you to remotely lower both front door

windows at the same time. To use this feature, press and

release the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter and

then immediately press and hold the UNLOCK button

until the windows lower to the level desired or until they

lower completely.

Apparently, there's no remote close feature, which would be more useful in my opinion.