New 2013 Journey Crew Copper Pearl

Journeyman425

Options are Flexible Seating, Navigation and Sound Group, TrailerTow Prep, hitch, molded splash guards, Chrome Clad wheels and Sunroof. The only things we left off are AWD and Rear Seat DVD.

I'm amazed at the clarity of the pictures - I took them with my iPhone 4S. Only had the phone since Christmas and can't believe how good the camera is!

That is the Mopar OEM hitch. For some reason, you cannot order a Journey with a hitch from the factory - only the Trailer Tow Prep Group which adds an engine oil cooler. They do not even install the wiring, but it is a simple affair to install. There is wiring which runs to the rear bumper from the factory. A trailer tow harness is included in a bag with the floor mats, cargo net, center caps for the wheels, front license plate bracket, etc. The wiring basically plugs into the existing factory harness and then is easily secured to the inside of the rear fascia. The hitch itself is a Mopar Accessory that you purchase from the parts department. It is an easy install. To the left of the receiver was an ugly bracket welded to the hitch which was to accomodate a seven-way round wiring harness plug. Doesn't make much sense to have that since the vehicle is only rated to tow 2500 lbs now. We whizzed that bracket off in the shop and painted over where the weld was for a much cleaner look. Should have taken a before and after shot of that.

Options are Flexible Seating, Navigation and Sound Group, TrailerTow Prep, hitch, molded splash guards, Chrome Clad wheels and Sunroof. The only things we left off are AWD and Rear Seat DVD.

I'm amazed at the clarity of the pictures - I took them with my iPhone 4S. Only had the phone since Christmas and can't believe how good the camera is!

Pretty much Fully loaded! Awesome!

Amazing!! How can you make it that shiney??? What are you using?

I use a spray detailer called HydroGloss. It's made by Ardex, who is a commercial supplier of automotive products for dealers. It contains a small amount of wax in it but is very easy to use - spray on, wipe off before it dries. Then I lightly wipe down the car again with a clean, dry towel. Great for those in-between washes, especially this time of year when the pollen is out of control. Drives me nuts. One thing about this color - it shows everything! If I had no job and no life I'd be wiping this car down every hour. Of course, if I had no job or no life, I'd have no car...but that's a whole other story...

Also, don't forget that the paint job is a mere six weeks old!

Nice ride you got there. Nice color,congrats! I hate when the dealer sticks on their dealership on the back. I peeled mine off as soon as I got home.

The V6 Pentastar has some nice power to it. Enjoy.

Edited by senah

Thanks for the compliments, guys. We're very happy with the car. For the six weeks that elapsed between order and delivery, I pored over a multitude of pictures on the computer trying to get a sense of it, but it looks different in every one of them. It wasn't until the car actually arrived that I was able to really judge it. And even then, wrapped in plastic and covered in transit grime, it looked different than on delivery day, all waxed and detailed. Right now it's sitting outside after driving in today's rain, and it's killing me not to wash it!!

Chris, I upload my pictures to Photobucket, then copy the "direct" link under the picture. Then, navigate back to the forum, click the "image" icon and paste the link into the open URL box. Very easy to do and the quality is excellent.

Senah, I know what you mean about the stickers, but I work for the dealer that I bought it from, so the sticker and plate frame stays on!

We almost got the copper pearl, the only one on the lot. Love it Journeymen. My wife's only battle was the colour - she won.

Very nice looking truck. Congratulations and enjoy your new ride.

Thank you very much. As is yours - I LOVE that Brilliant Red Tri-Coat. Never seen it in person - your photo looks way better than the Dodge website. We already have a Sunrise Red 1988 Mazda RX-7 so something different was on tap for us.

All the Journeys around my area seem to be Silver, White, and Black. Sold one a few years ago in Melbourne Green. Our last one in stock was Storm Gray. We have a Fathom Blue due in soon. Other than that, they're all the same around here. I'd love to see it in Bright Red too. Anyway, Thanks for the compliment and enjoy yours also. I'm sure you're loving it.