Do you call your Journey a truck?

CDNGeer

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="redtomatoman" data-cid="28524" data-time="1369100774"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bramfrank" data-cid="28515" data-time="1369070136"><p><br />

I call it a truck. My insurance company calls it a truck. A truck is not defined by what covers the cargo area and lots of pickups are more luxurious than the DJ.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

If you can name one "truck" that comes with carpet in the cargo area, then I'll concede. To me, the DJ is a CUV which is a car. The DJ is based on the avenger platform. Anyway. . . Rams, Silverados, f-150s are trucks no matter how nice their stereo systems may be. <br />

<br />

Peace.</p></blockquote>

Lincoln blackwood. Carpeted bed standard

$ 50k f150

Hmm - Geek Squad don't carry ladders, cable, tools, hardware, inventory and such in their cars full time - we do in our trucks.

The GLK IS a truck, same as the DJ - SUVs and CUVs are classes of trucks because trucks are vehicles designed to carry cargo/goods - that's what the back of our vehicles do. Certainly you can drive around with passengers with or without stuff in the back - but any quad cab pickup can do the same.

Then I guess my grand caravan is a truck. Lol

It's primary duty is utility work vehicle.

A GL, or a G wagon, are both trucks. But have you ever seen a GLK in person? It's far from truck. A Honda CR-V is more truck like.

Eith way, I personally don't consider the DJ a truck. It's a family orientated suv. We love it as is.

Hmm - Geek Squad don't carry ladders, cable, tools, hardware, inventory and such in their cars full time - we do in our trucks.

The GLK IS a truck, same as the DJ - SUVs and CUVs are classes of trucks because trucks are vehicles designed to carry cargo/goods - that's what the back of our vehicles do. Certainly you can drive around with passengers with or without stuff in the back - but any quad cab pickup can do the same.

Actually, in the Washington, DC area they did. They not only worked on PCs, but, did network installation, including cabling (copper and fiber) and they did it all from VW Beetles with the rain gutter type racks to carry their step ladders. Tools, cabling and "parts" (jacks, wall plates, cable ends, etc.) went into special built racks that fit over where the back seat is. I'm retired IT (Systems Integration with NIH and FDA) and a head hunter tried to recruit me once, so, I looked into them once many years ago.

• 1 month later...

I call it a truck. Just maybe a force of habit and due to the fact that it is bigger and more truck like than our other vehicle a Grand Prix, which looks more car like in comparison. Called the Grand Cherokee a truck too. Definitely wont call it a van.

So I guess just to keep it simple to separate apples and oranges that is what I will call it.