Heating / Temperature Control Display

Shieldzy

Hi all.

I really, really want to change the temperature display from fahrenheit to celsius on the internal automatic temperature control display.

I cannot find it in the manual and when doing a search on the internet the ONLY answers I am getting are for the outside temperature display which is on dashboard which is completely different. I want to set the heating or cooling to a temperature I understand more.

The vehicle is a Dodge Journey 2.0 diesel manual SXT and is the 2009 model.

Many thanks in advance for any help for this frustrating but hopefully simple issue :)

With the radio on, press and hold both the Power and Media button for at least 5 seconds. When you release both, the display will change to Fahrenheit. You might have to try it a couple of times but it does work.

==================

http://www.ezdia.com/epad/2013-mercedes-benz-sl-price-review/7980'> 2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Copy & Paste from the same question posted on the net:

"Click the top left button on the steering wheel (looks like a book page) toggle the display (display is right under the temp and gas gauge on the left of dash). Go to Units and change between U.S. And metric to toggle from farentheight to Celsius an visa versa. It also changes between miles and kilometers, gallons / kilograms, etc.

I hope that helps - it took me a minute to figure this out."

Edited by Journey_SeXT

I looked in my manual today. It seems that the toggled values are in the evic and are for computer data i.e. the results of a computer calculation. Not sure you can toggle the climate screen setting units as those could be hard wired. If it can be done, my manual did not make the process clear to me. If anyone gets those values changed, I'd be interested in how it was done.

Peace.

The copy and paste text from the same question posted on the net is the only answer I find and is incorrect. The only controls on the steering wheel are for the music system only. The display toggle on left is a button on the dash which scrolls through ET, miles left until empty and OUTSIDE temperature which I have changed by pushing holding the button for 3 seconds.

The temperature display on the 3 zone automatic temperature control for the heating and air con is the one I cannot change however in the manual it shows pictures of both units on display i.e. celsuis and fahrenheit but does not mention how to change it.

I have tried different combinations on button pushing and the only different effect i get is if I push SYNC and AUTO together the ATC goes into a self test mode but no display change.

Have spoke to Dodge dealer here in England and they said that they will get back to me.................. that was a couple of weeks ago and I have chased it up but to no avail :(

Looked again at my 2011 manual. It states in two different places that the units for the evic, the odometer, and the nav system can be changed and gives a procedure. I do understand that yours is a 2009 and may be different, but I fear that the numbers on the HVAC unit may be hard wired for Fahrenheit with yours as it seems mine are on my 2011. Not sure. There may be a trick to change those numbers that would normally be preset at the factory or something. :shrug: If it can be changed, I believe that someone will be able to help with this. Luckily its only an aesthetics problem and not a functional one, but I can absolutely understand why you want it changed. Honestly, I can't believe this has not come up sooner. Have all the metric folks just lived with the degrees in Fahrenheit all this time?

The other thing you may want to do is post this question on the charger challenger forums as their HVAC systems from 2009 should be similar. Maybe someone there knows the trick. If it exists. . .

Peace.

• Official Dodge Support

Found a European service manual and it says the temp display on the climate control can be switched between Fahrenheit and Celsius. It states it is changed via the overhead console. Unfortunately, I could not find how to do it in the overhead console. Perhaps if you look in your owners manual under the overhead console directions that it will be in there as I do not have access to manuals from outside North America. Is there a temp gauge in your overhead console? If so, I would check for buttons to change it.

• Official Dodge Support

Shield,

Do you have an EVIC on your Journey? If so, under Units In, press and hold the reset button until it changes. If you do not have an EVIC, PM me your vin and I will see what I can find out further if the overhead console doesn't work out.

• Official Dodge Support

Yes that thumbnail looks the same. I have uploaded my dash

According to what it looks like to me, pushing button 31 (from my posted pic) is supposed to change the display which is 32, and bring up setting or units and should allow you to change it there. I am having a hard time confirming the exact sequence though. I would try pushing the button until you get to the one you want to change then push and hold in until it changes. Or push and hold it in until it changes and then push it without holding until it changes it to what you want. I am sorry for not being more exact but I do not have access to the manuals for the vehicles over there. I normally don't try and answer these types of questions when I am not sure but I figure its worth a shot since it sounds like you cannot get the answer anywhere else.

Edited by DodgeCares

Thank you very much for your help. I have finally managed to change the climate control temp display to celsius by playing about with the buttons :) .

However........... this has created a new problem as it also changes the miles per gallon to kilometres per litre and distance to empty from miles to kilometres ?!?!?

I use the distance to empty in miles in my everyday driving.

It seems to change between metric and imperial values on all displays all at once. So you cannot have celsius (metric) reading on climate control and miles (imperial) to empty or per gallon at the same time :(

What i'll have to do is set the temp in celsius then before driving change settings using same method to get distance to empty in miles.

A pain but one of those things it seems, once again thanks to DodgeCares

I see you have a 2009 SXT as I do (Canadian model here), to set the temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit and vice versa press the left button in the dash below the speedometer #31 in the above diagram, whatever readout you are displaying will change to one temperature or the other by holding the button down until it changes then release, as you have noted all readouts will change to the new setting, metric all readings in metric, Fahrenheit all readings in U.S measurements.

2009 AWD SXT

• Official Dodge Support
I see you have a 2009 SXT as I do (Canadian model here), to set the temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit and vice versa press the left button in the dash below the speedometer #31 in the above diagram, whatever readout you are displaying will change to one temperature or the other by holding the button down until it changes then release, as you have noted all readouts will change to the new setting, metric all readings in metric, Fahrenheit all readings in U.S measurements.

2009 AWD SXT

Thanks for the clarification. I am sure others that come across this thread will appreciate knowing exactly how it works.