Unlock does not work

• Official Dodge Support
All of the buttons on my remote work except for the unlock button. Is it just the battery that needs to be replaced?

Hopefully the battery will do it as that would be the first place to start. When you take the FOB apart to install the new battery take a look at the contacts on the inside for corrosion, debris, or anything that looks out of place. You could also try using a Q-Tip with a little rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts up. Do the locks work using the switch inside the car? Hopefully so.

Edited by DodgeCares

• Official Dodge Support

I would suggest letting a dealership check it out for you. I understand the expense, but perhaps it is not the FOB but the module inside the vehicle. If you buy a couple of FOB's and it turns out not to be the problem then you wind up spending money needlessly. If you are going to go to the dealership instead of online to get the FOB's, if that is what is needed, I would offer two suggestions. The first would be that since FOB's are very expensive at the dealership you may want to consider just getting one and using the one you have as a backup since it works other than the locks. My other thought would be that if you don't have remote start on the vehicle to consider having the dealership install it at this time if you were thinking about possibly getting one. Remote start kits from the dealership come with 2 new programmed keys so it kills two birds with one stone.

If you have a friend versed in electronics, let him/her check the switches inside the fob.

Once a colleague of mine has the same problem as you. It turns out that one of the pins in the switch was broken, and a quick soldering job restored it to fully working condition.