service awd message along with some other lights

Hello all,

Just as I was coming home from work yesterday in my '11 Journey R/T, my Service AWD light, ABS light and traction light all came on at the same time. I attached my OBD scanner and no codes came up on my reader. What gives?? My car is still under warranty. Can I still drive my car as I can't get in to my dealership until this upcoming Tuesday? Any advice would be really, really appreciated.

Car has 54,000 kilometres and is used only in the winter. It has Blizzak winter tires on it and oil changes are done regularly at the dealership with inflation being checked each time and I check every 2 weeks. Car is mainly driven on the highway (400 series) with little city driving. Rotations not really done as not enough mileage to warrant the rotation during the winter season.

Ive had that light come on a couple of times, once with the smaller spare tire on and once when i lost traction on icy roads. Both times the light went off on its own and hasn't come back on. I think its just a safety feature of the car. Would take it in if the light doesn't turn off.

• Official Dodge Support
So the dealer gets back to me and tells me that the wheel speed sensor gave up the ghost and there was nothing I could have done to prevent this. First, where is this thing located and second, I have a feeling that this thing could be expensive. Thank goodness for the warranty!!!

Canadian Paul,

Glad to hear the dealer was able to take care of this issue on your DJ.

Quick comment on rotations and winter tires: As per the owner's manual for the 2011 Dodge Journey you should have the tires rotated at or before every 13,000KM interval. Keeping in mind that typically winter tires do have a softer compound therefore may wear quicker then summer/all-season tires.