Bad end to a weekend trip.

davidlb512

Went down south to Mobile this past weekend, to visit my sister and nephews, and the beach too. Had a great weekend, got some great pictures while exploring around Dauphin Island, and had a blast spending time with the fam! Well, Monday morning comes, and I pack my stuff up, and load up the DJ. Hit the road, and it's raining fairly hard, but the rain is on and off. I get about 200ft away from the entrance ramp to the interstate, and traffic comes to a stop, and as I look in my rear view mirror, the lifted '95 Silverado Z71 behind me isn't coming to a stop. Unfortunately, I was only a few feet from the car in front of me, so I couldn't move to avoid him. Luckily the guy had insurance, and I'm having no issues so far, getting my car repaired. But got more bad news yesterday from the dealer that my DJ is getting repaired at. The rear door is one of the parts that is being replaced, obviously. But it is on back order until at least March 19th. I'm hoping the rear door back order fiasco, doesn't turn into the same back order fiasco as the tow hitch for the DJ's. If so, I'm just gonna press the issue with Alfa on totaling my DJ out, so I can go ahead and just get another one.

I picked up a 2013 Ford Edge from Enterprise today. It's ok, but not even as good as the bottom of the line DJ's tho. At least it's a vehicle to drive that's not messed up. Anyone else know any info on the back order of the rear door? If it's getting put off regularly like other parts do, then I'm gonna pressure Alfa to just total the car out, and go pick up another DJ Crew that I found today.

Definitely feel for ya, having gone through the waiting game myself (Rear quarter panel); at the very least, you have a date, which is better than what I was provided (indefinitely on backorder). When we finally did get a date, it stuck and we got the car when expected after that. Hoping the supply chain is a little better than it was up here in Canada.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the Journey back today! Everything looks great, and I was surprised with getting it back early too! It was originally supposed to be finished this coming up Thursday, but got the call this morning that it was ready. I was so glad to drop that freakin' 2013 Chevy Captiva back off at Enterprise!!! Haha.

• 8 months later...

Well, more bad news for the Journey. I was t-boned on November 3rd, by a girl trying to get ahead of someone else as she was leaving her parking deck. Damage assessment was just under $7000. There were parts on back order, and the week before last, they started tearing things down, and found more damage. The already back ordered parts were extended to a farther wait. And last Friday, the insurance company decided to go ahead and right the Journey off as a total loss. I will be posting pics as soon as I get to my computer. Good thing is, I have found a replacement Journey! And it's even better. ;-) I will do another introduction for it, once I have possession of it.

Correct, that nobody was injured in either of the accidents. And I got the feeling that it was cursed, when the dealer got the exact Journey that I wanted, just one week after it was too late to swap the one I had already bought. Haha. But anyway, no pics, or details on the new Journey until I have it in my driveway. Not gonna jinx anything. Haha.