Uconnect Texting for 2013 Journeys & iPhone

Team,

I've read a few older posts about lack of support for text(sms) delivery between uconnect and iphone. All of these posts were before apple added to MAP to iphone 4s and 5. Has anyone been able to get sms support working with uconnect, or know if there are issues/config on the dodge side that would stop this from working now?

I've tried to connect my RE6 to a 4s and 5, but no message option shows.

Cheers

Don't know. Hope you get this to work. Please post your thoughts if you do. I did some subsequent research and my understanding is that uconnect text only works when the vehicle is not in motion. This doesn't help me when I'm driving and my friends are blowing up my phone with messages. I had hoped to be able to reply through uconnect "call me". Anyway, my DJ is a 2011 and does not, evidently, support text even though the manual says it does. Good luck.

Peace.

tried just about every trick I could find on the web over the weekend. No luck at all. Seems like we must wait for Dodge to support the two most widely used phones in the world. Either Apple or Samsung......

Be keen for any thoughts that anyone has had from Dodge on if this is something that they are working on, now that Apple support MAP.

Sorry to see you didn't get this working. When I was due for a phone upgrade I went to the dodge phone comparability site and got one of the phones that was on the text functionality list. Turns out the OS was a newer version and text was not supported by uconnect. If the text functionality is truly only available when the vehicle is not in motion (like the dvd player), then we really are not missing much, IMHO. Not sure whether its true or not as I've not heard of anyone who has the text functionality working. Ha.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

@DodgeCares

Hi Chris. Would you be willing to speak with the engineers or someone at Dodge to get us a definitive answer on the texting issue? Does it work for any DJs? Not sure if the function is available for my 2011, but something that is in my 2011 manual should show up by 2013, right? Can owners utilize the function while driving? When I spoke with the Chrysler help folks, all I was told is that it apparently does not work with my phone, but they offered no solutions, i.e. which phones do work. I personally have not heard of any phones for which the text function works. Can you ask the engineers which phones they know of that allow text over uconnect in the DJ. Maybe owners need an updated phone list. Thanks for your help.

Peace.

• Official Dodge Support
@DodgeCares

Hi Chris. Would you be willing to speak with the engineers or someone at Dodge to get us a definitive answer on the texting issue? Does it work for any DJs? Not sure if the function is available for my 2011, but something that is in my 2011 manual should show up by 2013, right? Can owners utilize the function while driving? When I spoke with the Chrysler help folks, all I was told is that it apparently does not work with my phone, but they offered no solutions, i.e. which phones do work. I personally have not heard of any phones for which the text function works. Can you ask the engineers which phones they know of that allow text over uconnect in the DJ. Maybe owners need an updated phone list. Thanks for your help.

Peace.

The 2011's I know do not have the functionality as I have posted about the hardware on these units. I will check on the 12-13's and post up what I find out.