projector retrofit

RockAuto.com has them for $85/each... that is the best deal I could find by quite a bit. The TYC lights are certified as far as materials and construction go and I've never personally had any issue with them. There are other aftermarket brands that have been an absolute nightmare to deal with though...

$180 shipped for the pair, not bad at all. I hadn't thought to check Rock Auto and only saw sets of TYC for $300+. The listing doesn't specify if they have the black bezels, so I just have to assume I'll need to paint them to maintain my Rallye appearance package. Had to go into 2013 to find it though. Hopefully 2014 doesn't have some oddball difference like the DRL code crap.

$180 shipped for the pair, not bad at all. I hadn't thought to check Rock Auto and only saw sets of TYC for $300+. The listing doesn't specify if they have the black bezels, so I just have to assume I'll need to paint them to maintain my Rallye appearance package. Had to go into 2013 to find it though. Hopefully 2014 doesn't have some oddball difference like the DRL code crap.

They just haven't updated for 2014 yet; they are all the same. And yes, they will be chrome, not black. Glad I could help... I wish I had mine ordered, I've been so busy coaching hockey and lacrosse all summer that I haven't had any free time to do anything else. I've had the projectors sitting around FOREVER.

Nice to see some interest in this thread. I was looking at the TYC but with shipping was $250 + tax+ dollar difference was around the $300 mark. I'm still debating about spending that much. I have the Rallye also and if I do get the TYC lights I'm going to paint them black to match. I have everything for my retro except for extra lights and time.

Just my impression. TYC looks and feels almost the same as OEM. However, when I swapped for TYC to retrofit my headlights, 2 months later one of the lights became fogged. Not sure if the issue was with the bulb not carefully installed or smth else. Don't care as I got my OEM headlights back retrofitted and will be swapping for them next week :hyper:

Nice to see some interest in this thread. I was looking at the TYC but with shipping was $250 + tax+ dollar difference was around the $300 mark. I'm still debating about spending that much. I have the Rallye also and if I do get the TYC lights I'm going to paint them black to match. I have everything for my retro except for extra lights and time.

You can get a pair on ebay shipped for between $170-$180 for TYC. They also have some Eagle Eye which I have dealth with in past and have had success, but that was for a different car.

I'm very much interested in a retrofit myself... will any of you brave souls be doing a pic/video write up on it to help out?

I'll do a write up when I finish, I just don't know when that will be yet. I'm thinking October sometime it gets dark faster for adjusting.

You can get a pair on ebay shipped for between $170-$180 for TYC. They also have some Eagle Eye which I have dealth with in past and have had success, but that was for a different car.

Yes, you can get TYC's cheaper, but they will not be the certified variety. TYC has 3 grades of lights that they sell. I would avoid using the lowest level and get one of the two certified models. The mid-grade one is perfect for this project as the optics don't need to be certified since they will be replaced.

Also, I bought eagle eyes for my avenger and gave up after the fourth pair was still just as broken as the first pair they sent me. While others claim to have had luck with them, the chances of me ever purchasing another set ar about equivalent to me winning the lottery... Never again...

Edited by Lobitz68

I'm glad I made the purchase yesterday and was able to join this at the right time...

I'm very much interested in a retrofit myself... will any of you brave souls be doing a pic/video write up on it to help out?

What info is it that you are looking for? The process is very straight forward and does not change much from one car to the next... There are a ton of videos online that do a remarkable job explaining the process. Also, TRS has some very good info that I like to tap into. Their knowledge library goes WELL beyond basic installation into the intricacies of set-yp and dialing them in so that they are properly "tuned"...

What info is it that you are looking for? The process is very straight forward and does not change much from one car to the next... There are a ton of videos online that do a remarkable job explaining the process. Also, TRS has some very good info that I like to tap into. Their knowledge library goes WELL beyond basic installation into the intricacies of set-yp and dialing them in so that they are properly "tuned"...

I've never attempted a retrofit, just always been enthused by them. So I would use those sources as additional support when attempting, but I would love to see one done and attempt it from there. Thanks for the tip though