Navigation screen inside sunglasses holder

I'm obsessing over this because I don't have a built in navigation with my 8.4" uconnect and I hate cluttering up my dash or air vents with screens that is really not meant to be there.

ok I had this idea of placing a navigation screen or some sort into the sunglasses holder, it is actually a great spot for it and it can be tucked away when you're not using it.

I took a photo with my iphone (with bumper case) and it fits in between the groove nicely, I think if I stick some a rubber seal for the top part of the phone to rest on it would stop it from ever falling out.

anyway i though it look pretty slick and neat little trick for the Journey.

Now if you're crazy enough you can take this a step further and somehow neatly trim the Sunglass holder and remove the conversation mirror and the foam padding so you can stick on a proper Navigation unit like the TomTom with the suction cup and you can adjust the angle of the screen.

The only problem then is to add power to the Navigation screen... (I don't know what is possible, I'm not an electrician)

1. maybe steal it from the lighting wiring that is already there.
  2. or run a really long USB cable
  3. or don't bother and just recharge the unit when it is low on battery.

Would love to hear anyone thoughs on this.

post-6463-0-57678000-1353617131_thumb.jp

post-6463-0-57737300-1353617137_thumb.jp

post-6463-0-04716900-1353617551_thumb.jp

Edited by bmanta

• 3 months later...