Wiper blade replacements?

Paladin62

I had to replace my wipers and of course even the dealers don't have replacements yet.

I had to buy three sets to replace the fronts that are different sizes and the rear.

Getting the front replaced was not too bad. You just take the current holders and on one end you will see it has been crimped to the rubber refill. If you use a screwdriver you can pry it open and get the blade out. You can then slide in a replacement.

The rear was a pain to just get off. I went to several mechanics and several dealers trying to figure it out and accidently found the answer. First you have to slightly pull the cover apart at the pivot point and it flips back on a hinge. This allows you to lift the blade off the glass to 90 degrees. Then you rotate the blade backward like you are going to have it go backwards on the glass and when it hits the stop, go just a bit further and it will pop off.

Once the replacements hit you can just replace the whole piece but for now, you need to just pry one end of the rubber up a bit to clear the catch and it will slide out with some effort. You can then slide a new one back in. and reinstall it.

You would think Dodge would get replacement parts like wipers out to the dealers right way but it's already been 6 months since I bought mine and they still don't have blades.

Anyone know of a place to buy new ones that are high quality? The ones I got as replacements are not that good and winter is coming soon. I live in Colorado so it gets pretty tough on blades.

I had to replace my wipers and of course even the dealers don't have replacements yet.

I had to buy three sets to replace the fronts that are different sizes and the rear.

Getting the front replaced was not too bad. You just take the current holders and on one end you will see it has been crimped to the rubber refill. If you use a screwdriver you can pry it open and get the blade out. You can then slide in a replacement.

The rear was a pain to just get off. I went to several mechanics and several dealers trying to figure it out and accidently found the answer. First you have to slightly pull the cover apart at the pivot point and it flips back on a hinge. This allows you to lift the blade off the glass to 90 degrees. Then you rotate the blade backward like you are going to have it go backwards on the glass and when it hits the stop, go just a bit further and it will pop off.

Once the replacements hit you can just replace the whole piece but for now, you need to just pry one end of the rubber up a bit to clear the catch and it will slide out with some effort. You can then slide a new one back in. and reinstall it.

You would think Dodge would get replacement parts like wipers out to the dealers right way but it's already been 6 months since I bought mine and they still don't have blades.

Anyone know of a place to buy new ones that are high quality? The ones I got as replacements are not that good and winter is coming soon. I live in Colorado so it gets pretty tough on blades.

How could you have needed to replace your wipers already? Thats crazy!!! Ive probably only used mine 30 times in 4 months...

How could you have needed to replace your wipers already? Thats crazy!!! Ive probably only used mine 30 times in 4 months...

They were garbage to start with but it sprinkles just about every afternoon here in Colorado. Just enough to mess up your windows so I have to use them at least once per day. On top of that it is dusty so I have to use them more often.

The rear one was streaking since the day I bought it and the front just started leaving multiple lines when wiping.

That's why I am trying to find higher quality blades.

Another thing you could do is measure the length of each wiper and take note of what kind of connector it has. Then just go to any store that has wipers, pick the kind you want and match up the the size and connector. I think they are the big bold numbers. Those indicate the length.

Another thing you could do is measure the length of each wiper and take note of what kind of connector it has. Then just go to any store that has wipers, pick the kind you want and match up the the size and connector. I think they are the big bold numbers. Those indicate the length.

I tried that. The refills are custom to the Journey. (yaay) They are wider at the disconnect than normal and the rear is completely custom.

I was able to get the actual blades but only in the cheap kind and not the high quality kind needed for the harsh sun and winters here.

I think I'll try the blade MFG's website to see if they can provide them. Ordering them is acceptable.