Front License Plate holder?

Does anyone know if the journey has a license plate holder for the front available? I live in nevada and the law says;

Front plates are optional only if 1) the vehicle was not designed for a front plate and 2) the manufacturer did not provide an add-on bracket or other means of displaying the front plate.

So I want to know that driving without it is legal here.

Thanks!

BTW I have had her a month...and still love her....

Does anyone know if the journey has a license plate holder for the front available? I live in nevada and the law says;

Front plates are optional only if 1) the vehicle was not designed for a front plate and 2) the manufacturer did not provide an add-on bracket or other means of displaying the front plate.

Thanks!

Thanks!

They supply front license plate holders on canadian vehicles, so they are available

If you go to the gallery above, and see the pictures in the owner's gallery, Scott4751 has photos with what appears to be the front 'bracket'.

Doesn't look like much of a bracket, more like holes.

Gotta agree with that. Not much of a bracket. Looks like the lower holes have been added with those push pin thingys. But at least it get the plate off the body to prevent scratches on the bottom. My old car had a decent bracket on it. Kinda thinking of getting me one of those to modify to fit on the Journey.

• 2 weeks later...

This is in response to the question about a front license bracket for Canadian vehicles. Picked up my new Journey on Friday and found there is no bracket just 2 holes drilled into the front bumper(stategically positioned by a template supplied by Chrysler) and 2 self tapping stainless steel screws holding the license plate at the top. The bottom is unsecured and I know it is only a matter of time before it gets caught on something and gets ripped right out of the screw holes. Obviously no expense was spared by Chrysler on this one! There has got to be a better way.

As in the other thread

I can tell you this... Ohio code states that you MUST have a front license plate. My Journey was brought from Ohio to Pennsylvania (no such code/law in PA) and there was a license plate holder/bracket on it. They do exist! They asked me if I wanted it and I said no, so who knows where it is now.

As in the other thread

I can tell you this... Ohio code states that you MUST have a front license plate. My Journey was brought from Ohio to Pennsylvania (no such code/law in PA) and there was a license plate holder/bracket on it. They do exist! They asked me if I wanted it and I said no, so who knows where it is now.

That may be a dealer add-on. Factory is just the 2 holes.

If I ever get my Journey,(on order since May 6) I will take a picture of the front license plate holder for you.

Oh yikes! I ordered May 3rd and picked it up on June 21st <_<

In VT the front plate is not required, but our dealer is in NH. We had no bracket, just 2 drilled holes.

If you go to the gallery above, and see the pictures in the owner's gallery, Scott4751 has photos with what appears to be the front 'bracket'.

Doesn't look like much of a bracket, more like holes.

My pics show 2 black foam plugs that were under the bracket. The license plate bracket is not just 2 screws.... I held it when they took it off - IT EXISTS. :banghead: The body guy put the plugs in the screw holes for me, which I can paint if I want. I'll get an updated pic for ya.

• 6 months later...

anyones plate coming lose or falling off? i went to change the front plate from the dealer one to something else and one of the holes are already stripped. and noticed that its right against the paint. so that just going to kill the paint... and now i have these holes. anyone have pics of a bracket or what they did to have the front plate?

I also only have the front license plate holder attached with two holes.

But now I have four holes though since I bought new chromed holders and when changing them out I noticed that the front license plate were either level or centered on the bumper.

Would be nice to know if there is a bracket that's available for purchase.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My 2012 Journey Crew came with both front and rear plate brackets. Haven't installed the front yet because florida doesn't use a front plate, but may add it later for a fun plate. Rear bracket doesn't fit because of the rear camera.

Edited by walker

My 2012 Journey Crew came with both front and rear plate brackets. Haven't installed the front yet because florida doesn't use a front plate, but may add it later for a fun plate. Rear bracket doesn't fit because of the rear camera.

I haven't seen a rear plate bracket before, only plate frames/covers. Can you provide a pictures of the rear bracket? Thanks.

I haven't seen a rear plate bracket before, only plate frames/covers. Can you provide a pictures of the rear bracket? Thanks.

I'll see if I can get a decent photo but it may take a few days. I just worked on making a cutout in the bracket to accomodate the camera housing...Not sure if it will work. Not even sure the front plate bracket will work. Not a crisis, but it would be nice if they fit.

I just discovered, after looking several times, that what I thought was a rear plate bracket was in fact the front bracket. Still haven't figured out what the second plate bracket is for...It doesn't seem to fit front or rear. I guess it would be no fun if it were simple!