2011 LUX Navigation

Long time lurker first time poster here with a question.

My 2011 LUX with the voice activated NAV is going into the dealer to get some updates. My question is what are the updates to the electronics and what will they supposedly do?

This all came about when I scheduledthe vehicle in for service after it (voice activation) started to require more than one button push and not defaulting back to audio after phone calls etc. Nothing major just not functioning like it did when it was new.

Anybody,

Buffy

• Official Dodge Support

Long time lurker first time poster here with a question.

My 2011 LUX with the voice activated NAV is going into the dealer to get some updates. My question is what are the updates to the electronics and what will they supposedly do?

This all came about when I scheduledthe vehicle in for service after it (voice activation) started to require more than one button push and not defaulting back to audio after phone calls etc. Nothing major just not functioning like it did when it was new.

Anybody,

Buffy

Buffy,

The latest hands free software "flash" is listed below.

NUMBER: 08-008-12 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: June 15, 2012

SUBJECT:

FLASH: Hands Free Module Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This Bulletin involves performing a USB service flash of the Hands Free Module (HFM).

MODELS:

2011 (JC) Journey

2011 (LD) Charger

2011 (LX) 300

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built from December 20, 2010 (MDH 1220XX)

to June 10, 2011 (MDH 0610XX) equipped with UCONNECT VOICE COMMAND

W/BLUETOOTH (sales code RSP, RSQ for international).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The customer may experience the following:

· Revised foreign language translations.

· Complete HFM Lockup, no hands free functionality can be used.

· No start, or drained battery due to HFM keeping bus awake.

· Using Station names to switch channels will take user to the wrong channel.

· Station names added to the Sirius line up after the May 4th are not be recognized.

· HFM does not work and the phone screens cannot be entered into at all.

· If the Emergency and Towing assistance number are modified by the customer after

several ignition cycles they revert back to default number.

· Voice Recognition for Phone book names may not work.

· Voice Recognition may not work at all. Voice Recognition may recover after several

ignition cycles or in some cases Voice Recognition may never recover.

· Phone book download to vehicle system is incomplete. Phone book download may

recover after several ignition cycles.

· Once a call is transferred to handset it cannot be transferred back to vehicle Hands

free system. This issue is intermittent.

· Voice Recognition Satellite commands may not work. Voice Recognition Satellite

commands may recover after several ignition cycles or in some cases may never

recover.

· User can not select Brief or Detailed voice response mode in settings.

· In NAV mode “Call” soft key is not available for Points Of Interest with phone

numbers.

· Hands Free Calls with Audio Muted. Incoming or Outgoing calls are intermittently

muted or muted when making a call via a favorite immediately after ending a call.

· Screen switches to Main Phone screen every time phone connects.

· System may call Emergency without waiting for user to say “Yes” when detailed

prompt modes are active.

· Cannot get into phone mode via Phone soft key after editing emergency number.

• Official Dodge Support

Sounds like quite an upgrade. Although Im not sure I understand half of it :unsure:

The software "flash" is intended to resolve the issues listed that you may be experiencing now or to prevent them from happening in the future. Many of the terms are for the dealer techs so not all descriptions are easily understood, but hopefully it will solve the issues you are experiencing.

• 2 weeks later...

We hav reflashed and replaced the "clock spring" it appears some serious warranty issues are now rearing their ugly heads. The system is just not responding and doing what it did when the vehicle was purchased less than 12 months ago.

I will say that to this point that both the dealer and Chrysler have been fantastic to deal with.

Irritated but optimistic,

Buffy

I now notice that the remote start isnt functioning properly. Even though I have the heated seats set to turn on, they dont. The horn is set to honk and it does.

So far I havent noticed any problems with the cruise other than its a little slower to respond with added throttle on hills than my past vehicles.

The LUX goes to the dealer tomorrow for a transmission column bezel (broken and wont allow auto stick). They are going to play with it some more as (according to them) Chrysler is now involved.

Again, the dealer and Chrysler have been great thus far.

Stay tuned,

Buffy

• 4 months later...
You do realize that the heated driver's seat will only come on with the remote start when the outside temperature is 4.4 Celsius (40 Farenheit) or less? That is in the owner's manual.

After a little reading, i did find that. Thanks for mentioning though.

To update after many months, the new electronics seem to be working fine with only (twice) a small glitch but only on very humid, wet, cold days. The glitch also went away immediately after restarting the vehicle.