2009 Dodge Journey - Replace Rear Rotors & Pads (Video)

With all the DJ owners on this site that are complaining of crappy brakes I stumbled upon this helpful youtube video tutorial on how to replace the rear rotors and pads. I hope this helps someone here who wants to attempt a rear brake job but are unsure of how to do it.

Click the link -->

awesome video, great help for those who want to give it a try.. I did and it was very easy.

Just one note, as mentioned below, use jack stands and I wouldn't top up the fluid reservoir until you're done with the second or all 4 wheels, most likely you don't need to top up anything because the calipers will be retracted. On a system that has no leaks the fluid level is a good gauge to see how much wear pads have..

Edited by oracle

I've been doing my own disc breaks for years. Drum brakes, on the other hand, are a pain. I helped my buddy do a set on his z24 once and never considered doing them again. Lucky 2 of my current 3 vehicles have front and rear brakes so there's only one set I see a mechanic for. Doing breaks yourself can save a ton, and give you a much better break for the same price or cheaper. Just remember to have a good jack and stands.

I also always push my tires (with steal rims) underneath the car when working on the breaks for some added safety.

Doing breaks yourself can save a ton, and give you a much better break for the same price or cheaper. Just remember to have a good jack and stands.

I also always push my tires (with steal rims) underneath the car when working on the breaks for some added safety.

Yes, JACK STANDS are crucial for any work when lifting a vehicle! The money you save on doing your own brake work can let you spend more money on a very good quality rotor & pad unlike the ones provided by the factory..

Edited by Journey_SeXT

• 11 months later...

I did the rears today, rotors and pads.

The rear pads were still good but I changed them out anyway...most of the braiking is done uo front looking at the front pads.

I went to the dealers last Saturday for the brake,tire rotation and oil change and they wouldn't do the t/r because of the tread being down to the wear bars.

All tires looked good when I took them off last weekend and today...damn make $$$ anyway these service reps can :rant2: piss me off.

Little old lady that came in after me said yes to everything they asked to be fixed...damn!

09journeybrakerotor-1.jpg

09journeydogde.jpg

09journeyoldrotor.jpg

now to get back to work on our jetta :hyper: